Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, ABUAD admission list for the 2018/2019 academic session has been released. This is to announce to all the candidates that participated in the Afe Babalola University, ABUAD admission screening exercise that the management of the institution has released the names of successfully admitted candidates.
ABUAD admission list contains the names of candidates offered provisional admission into ABUAD various undergraduate programmes for the 2018/2019 academic session.
How to Check Afe Babalola University Admission List
- Go to https://admissions.abuad.edu.ng/under/CheckAdmission
- Enter your jamb registration number in the space provided and click on “Check Admission Status”
- The next screen displays your admission status
- The next step is to pay the Acceptance Fee
How to Accept Your Admission on JAMB CAPS
- Go to http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/ and login with your registered email address and password to access your dashboard
- Once you have logged in you will see a welcome notice just move down on the page you will see “Check 2018 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS”. (See figure above)
- Click on this “Check 2018 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS” and you will be redirected to the JAMB CAPS page
- After clicking on “Check 2018 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS”, you will see a page showing your JAMB details and your JAMB admission status.
- If you have been given admission, you can now go ahead to accept or reject the admission.
After Admission, What Next?
After confirming that you have been given admission, the next step is to go ahead with the necessary clearance and registration.
- First, find out the amount that ABUAD is requiring to be paid as acceptance fee for the admission that has been offered to you. Note that if you do not pay acceptance fee, it means that you have rejected the admission offered to you and in that case, you will lose the admission slot to someone else.
- The next information you need to find out is ABUAD school fees for your course or faculty, so that you can get the required fees ready as soon as possible. Note that it is advisable to pay your school fees immediately after paying your acceptance fee, to avoid being hindered from being matriculated (officially enrolled and added to ABUAD’s student database) on time.
- You also need to get all the required documents ready for your registration and clearance into your new faculty and school. This could include documents such as O’level results (such as WAEC result, NECO result, etc), JAMB admission letter, Birth Certificate, LGA identification certificate, JAMB result print-out, an attestation letter from a parent or guardian, etc. You can always get the complete list of required documents from your school’s admissions office or even in your faculty.
- Next, it is important that you read and properly acquaint yourself with ABUAD’s academic and general rules and regulations to avoid falling into any trap that could lead to your expulsion or any other detrimental punishment.
- After you have completed all the necessary payments and registration, it is a good idea to get your faculty and departmental lecture timetables as soon as possible so that you can start attending lectures. Attending lectures will set you up for a smooth academic career in ABUAD.
- Finally, don’t hesitate to ask lecturers and administrative staff in your new school questions and seek advice from them. It is better to be seen as naive and ignorant, than it is to make unnecessary mistakes and waste time doing things wrongly. Also, try to make friends with some of the best students in senior classes and higher levels, so that you can start getting the best tips for navigating and thriving in the school from them.
Congratulations on your admission. All the best!
Afe Babalola University (ABUAD) is a non-profit private university located in Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State. It was founded by the lawyer and philanthropist, Afe Babalola, in 2009. Afe Babalola University offers academic programmes in six Colleges: Sciences, Law, Engineering, Social and Management Sciences, Medicine and Health Sciences, and Postgraduate Studies.
The university has one main campus which is located in Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State, Nigeria. The campus is situated in the hilly part of the town directly opposite the Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti. The campuses houses 5 undergraduate colleges, a post graduate school,conference halls, a teaching hospital for medical students, student and staff accommodation, sporting facility and other auxiliary services such as cafeteria for staff and students, a laundry, a bakery and a water processing plant.
The Afe Babalola University holds a reputation for being one of the few Nigerian universities to begin academic works in the campus permanent site. However due to the requirement by the National University Commission that the school must possess a functioning teaching hospital, a memorandum of understanding with the Nigerian federal government to make use of the Federal Medical Center (FMC) Ido-Ekiti, Ekiti State as its teaching hospital for a period of ten years beginning from October 2014.