ABU Basic (IJMB) and Remedial (Pre-Degree) Programme Admission Process Announced for 2018/2019
Applications are welcomed from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Basic (IJMB) and Remedial programmes for 2018/2019 Session.
The Basic (IJMB) programme is an Advance Level Programme intended for candidates aspiring to gain admission into any Nigerian University through Direct Entry (DE). It last for Twelve (12) months.
The Remedial programme last for at most Nine (9) months. At the end of the programme, successful students will be admitted into ABU Zaria.
ABU IJMB Admission Requirements
Basic (IJMB) Studies Programme
i. Candidates for this programme must possess a minimum of five (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics in not more than two sittings with any of the following subject combinations:
BS1: Biology, Chemistry, Physics;
BS2: Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics;
BS3: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics;
BS4: Chemistry, Geography, Physics;
BS5: Mathematics, Geography, Physics.
ii. Candidates admitted for the Basic Studies Programme are also expected to register for 2019 JAMB Direct Entry Admission.
iii. The duration of the Basic Studies Programme is twelve (12) months only.
ABU Remedial Admission Requirements
Remedial Studies Programme
i. Candidates for this programme must possess at least three (3) credits in science subjects (in not more than one sitting) with any of the under listed subject combinations and any two passes at ‘O’ level in the other subjects offered in the school.
RS1: Biology, Chemistry, Geography;
RS2: Biology, Chemistry, Physics;
RS3: Biology, Geography, Physics;
RS4: Chemistry, Geography, Physics.
ii. Candidates admitted for the Remedial Studies must register and pass at credit level the SSCE or NECO in the subjects they are deficient.
iii. Candidates must also register for the 2019/2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtain the minimum pass mark approved by the Federal Government and
must choose Ahmadu Bello University as first choice.
iv. The duration of the Remedial Studies Programme is twelve (12) months only.
ABU Basic (IJMB) and Remedial Admission Application Procedure
- Interested applicants are to go to any of the following designated Banks nationwide to obtain an “E-Transaction Pin” in order to apply.
- You are to pay the sum of N 5, 000 at any of the following Banks viz: ABU Micro Finance Bank, First Bank, Unity Bank, UBA Bank and Zenith Bank for your “E – Transaction Pin” which the Bank will generate and print for you.
- Visit: www.sbrsabu.org website and click on the “Application” link from the Menu.
- A pop up dialogue box will open for you, requesting your “Teller Number” and “E-Transaction Pin” for validation.
- Complete the form as required. Note: Uploading your picture (120px x 120px and 40kb) is required.
- After completing the form, a print preview page will be displayed for you to print. Simply click on the “Print” button to print your form. Print at least 2 copies for your perusal.
- You are to print your “Pre-Entrance Exam Card” in two (2) copies from the website also.
- You may wish to “reprint” or “edit” your submitted form, by visiting the “Application” link again.
For help, please call: 080 8464 8930, 080 8464 8946, 080 9779 3009
About ABU Zaria
Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) began with the faculties of Agriculture, Engineering, Law and Sciences, fifteen academic departments and 426 students. Ahmadu Bello University increased in size and scope under the successive Vice-Chancellorships of the late Professor Norman Alexander (1961-1966), the late Professor Ishaya Audu (1966-1975), Professor Iya Abubakar (1975-1978), Professor Oladipo Akinkugbe (1978-1979), Professor Ango Abdullahi (1979- 1986) the late Professor Adamu Nayaya Mohammed (1986:-1991), Professor Daniel Saror (1991-1995), the Sole Administrator, Major General Mamman Kontagora (rtd) (1995-1998) , Professor Abdullahi Mahadi (1999-2004), Professor Shehu Usman Abdullahi (2004-2009), Professor Jarlath U. Umoh (2009), Professor Aliyu (2009-2010), Professor Abdullahi Mustapha (2010 to 2015) and Professor Ibrahim Garba (2015 to date).
Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria covers a land area of about 7,000 hectares and encompasses two campuses, twelve Faculties, a Postgraduate School and 82 academic departments. It also has five Institutes, six Specialized Centers, a Division of Agricultural Colleges, a School of Basic and Remedial Studies, a Demonstration Secondary School, a Primary School and a Consultancy Outfit which .provides a variety of services to the University and the wider society.