Wells Mountain Education Scholarship: Applications are currently ongoing for the Wells Mountain Education Scholarship Program for Undergraduate Students in Developing Countries. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Wells Mountain Education Scholarship Program Details and FAQs
- Wells Mountain Education Scholarship Program Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the eligible courses and fields of study?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- Who is qualified to apply?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What are the benefits?
- How to Apply for the Wells Mountain Education Scholarship
Wells Mountain Foundation offers undergraduate scholarship to students from developing countries to study in their home country or any other developing country. The foundation’s hope is that by providing the opportunity to further one’s education, the scholarship participants will not only be able to improve their own future, but also that of their own communities. The foundation believes in the power and importance of community service and, as a result, all scholarship participants are required to volunteer for a minimum of one month a year.
Applicants are only allowed to select a university in a developing country. Applications to study in UK, USA, Europe and Australia will not be accepted.
Wells Mountain Foundation offers the Empowerment through Education Scholarship Program for secondary school leavers to study for Bachelors degree in Developing Countries for 2019 academic year.
When is the application deadline?
1st April, 2019
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
What are the eligible courses and fields of study?
All fields are eligible although WMF intend to favor helping professions such as health care, social work, education, social justice, as well as, professions that help the economy and progress of the country such as computers, engineering, agriculture and business.
What is the category of this opportunity?
Who is qualified to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicant must be a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
- successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world
- plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
- has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
- may have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
How many scholarship awards are available?
10 to 30 per year
What are the benefits?
Maximum scholarship is $3,000 USD.
- tuition and fees
- books and materials
- room rent and meals
How to Apply for the Wells Mountain Education Scholarship
Applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation written by someone who knows you, but is not a family member, who can tell why you deserve to receive a WMF scholarship. What qualities do you possess that will make you an excellent student, a successful graduate and a responsible citizen who will give back to his or her country? These letters of recommendation may come from a teacher, a religious leader, volunteer supervisor, or an employer.