About the 2016 WAAW Foundation STEM Teacher Training For African Teachers
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2016 WAAW Foundation STEM Teacher Training For African Teachers. WAAW Foundation is calling for applications from STEM Secondary Teachers across Africa who are interested in the upcoming WAAW STEM teacher training workshop.
WAAW Foundation understands that training STEM Teachers is a critical component in ensuring that African girls are trained in STEM.
For STEM secondary school teachers and educators in Africa, the WAAW Foundation offers engaging, rigorous teacher professional development model which provides tools to empower teachers and their students and transform the classroom into a collaboration space where STEM content comes to life.
August 2016. Successful candidates will be reached in 1 – 2 weeks for further details on the programme.
Training to Hold in Nigeria
Subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Fields
Value of Programme
- hands-on learning away from the blackboard
- Africa-focused integrated curriculum that help teachers break down the rote memorization methodologies which are prevalent in the African educational system and which stifles creativity.
- Teachers are trained to develop cutting edge STEM curriculum for their classrooms using affordable locally available resources, train in digital literacy and employ technology and free online resources to enhance learning and engagement in their classrooms.
- Resources for continued learning for STEM teachers and facilitate communities and networks for peer support, mentoring and continued engagement.
- STEM competitions that motivate teachers to keep innovating in their classrooms.
Duration of Programme
Successful Teacher-candidates will be communicated to about further details of the programme
How to Apply
Visit Programme Webpage to apply