WAAW Foundation STEM Scholarship is ongoing. Applications are currently being accepted for the WAAW Foundation STEM Scholarships for African Female Students. Interested students should see the details below.
WAAW Foundation STEM Scholarship Description
The Working to Advance African Women (WAAW) foundation invites applications from qualified women who has interest in undergoing a degree program at any Applicants home countries.
This scholarship program is created to increase the pipeline of African women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related disciplines, and work to ensure that this talent is engaged in African innovation.
Application Deadline for the WAAW Foundation STEM Scholarship
12th November, 2022
Women from all African countries
Applicant’s home country
Eligible Fields Of Study
Courses in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
Number Of Scholarships
Several available scholarships
Scholarship Value and Benefits
Scholarship recipients will receive an award of $500 for the academic year, or the equivalent in their country’s local currency. Scholarship recipients may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.
Scholarship is a onetime fund but is renewable annually, following proof of the student’s continued academic performance.
WAAW Foundation STEM Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education. Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply. All non qualifying applications will be automatically deleted.
Please note that WAAW does not fund graduate (masters, MBA or Phd) programs, second or subsequent degrees, students older than 32 years, non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these requirements.
To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- Applicants must be Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Applicants must be Currently enrolled in an undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Applicants must be Studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Applicants must show demonstrable financial need
- Applicants must have excellent Academic Record.
- Applicants must show proven leadership, volunteering, and community service
- Applicants must be below the age of 32 years.
- Only students in their first and second year are eligible to apply. And also students in their third year if studying a five-year course.
How to Apply for the WAAW Foundation STEM Scholarship
Complete all sections of the application form and submit all required materials to WAAW foundation by the deadline. Application may be completed online.
WAAW will only accept online application this year. Scholarship applications are reviewed by the WAAW Scholarship Committee, and awards are announced by February.
Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for recommendation letters or University transcripts during the verification process.
Your application will include the following:
Your application will include the following:
- The application form should be filled out completely.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- A statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are vital criteria in determining candidates who are shortlisted. Responses to essay questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have your essay responses ready before you begin the application.
- In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development, or advancement in African economies
- In 500 words or less, what is your proudest achievement to date
- Describe in ten or fewer sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from the WAAW scholarship will assist your education and career plans.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendation letters and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED at the time of application. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
Click Here to Begin Application
Please do not email inquiries until you have reviewed all the requirements above, including the list of accepted and unaccepted course in the FAQ link above.