VU Masters Fellowship Programme Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the VU Masters Fellowship Programme (VUFP) for International Students The Netherlands. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
VU Masters Fellowship Programme Details and FAQs
- VU Masters Fellowship Programme Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What are the eligible courses and fields of study?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- What are the selection and eligibility criteria?
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- How long will the scholarship last?
- How to Apply for the VU Masters Fellowship Programme
- About VU University
The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) offers talented prospective international students the unique opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam has committed to providing approximately 1 million euro towards attracting highly motivated and excellent students.
All VUFP applications received by 1 February will be reviewed by the faculty at which the applicant will be participating in a Master’s programme. Faculties then nominate applicants to the central scholarship committee, which then awards scholarships to the most talented students. The award is based on the motivation letter, the quality of previous education and the student’s academic performance therein. A scholarship offer will then be made to successful candidates.
The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) offers talented prospective students the unique opportunity to pursue a degree in a selection of Master’s programmes at VU University. VU University has committed to providing approximately 1 million euro towards attracting highly motivated, excellent students.
When is the application deadline?
1 February 2019
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
VU University Amsterdam, Netherlands
What are the eligible courses and fields of study?
Courses offered at the University
What is the category of this opportunity?
What are the selection and eligibility criteria?
- The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) is a Merit scholarship programme for strongly motivated students with excellent study results.
- Eligible candidates must be able to prove their academic excellence, and they must be admitted to an English-taught Master’s degree at VU Amsterdam starting per September 2019.
- Students with the Dutch nationality and/or a Dutch degree (given that the Dutch degree is used for admission) are not eligible for admission.
- Students following a one-year Master’s programme may not apply for the VUFP scholarship for a second year.
- Students already enrolled in a two-year Master’s programme who have not been awarded the VUFP scholarship in 2018/2019 are not eligible to apply for the VUFP scholarship 2019/2020.
- Only when a student was granted a scholarship from the beginning, then the scholarship can be extended if he/she achieved 100% of the credits of the first year.
- The Faculty VUFP committee will be asked to demonstrate to the Central VUFP committee that these credits have indeed been achieved.
- The scholarship will only be granted to a student once and is explicitly intended for the Master’s programme for which it has been awarded.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
The VUFP scholarship is a tuition fee waiver. VUFP scholarship does not provide any additional allowance towards study or living costs.
How long will the scholarship last?
One or two years of Masters degree programme
How to Apply for the VU Masters Fellowship Programme
Register for Master’s programme
Students register for a Master’s programme in Studielink and after that in the VUnet portal. Here you can find more information on how to apply for one of our English taught Master’s programmes. Please note that you must have applied for the Master programme before you can apply for the VUFP scholarship.
Deadline: 1 February 2019.
Submit VUFP application
Submit your VUFP application in VUnet.
Deadline: 1 February 2019
For VUFP application 3 documents in PDF format are required. See in link below
About VU University
VU University Amsterdam is a remarkable university with Christian roots, one which is involved with people and society. It is an open and internationally oriented academic community. It is a university that seeks renewal and which succeeds in making good use of the strength of the variety of academic disciplines, nationalities, ideologies and social convictions that exist in its environment.