About UQ Business School Women MBA Scholarships
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2016 UQ Business School Women MBA Scholarships for International Students who are hereby invited to apply.
Starting from 2016, the University of Queensland, Australia will offer the Women MBA scholarships for International students each year with 50% tuition fee waiver.
From 2016, UQ Business School is offering up to four (4) 50% tuition-fee waiver scholarships to outstanding woman commencing the MBA program (and MBA articulation pathway) each year.
UQ Business School is independently ranked as one of the top business schools in Australia and amongst the leading institutions worldwide. Based in Brisbane, it brings together over 130 subject experts with over 8,000 students and offers a wide range of degree programs and executive education.
Masters of Business Administration The scholarship is an MBA Scholarship for Women
Applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of the scholarship selection process as soon as possible after the closing date. No late applications will be considered. Not every scholarship will be awarded on an annual basis. Scholarships are limited and awarded on a competitive basis.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the MBA Director whose decision is final.
The scholarship will be renewed at the end of each semester for a period of 24 months if the holder:
(a) obtains satisfactory grades; and
(b) maintains a satisfactory rate of continuous enrolment for a period of 24 months within the MBA program; and
(c) fulfils the obligations* of an MBA student; and
(d) remains an MBA student.
The Academic Dean and Head of School alone will determine the meaning of the word “satisfactory” for the purpose of (a) and (b) above.
Number of Scholarships:
Value of Scholarship:
Duration of Scholarship:
The scholarship will entitle the successful applicants to receive a 50% discount on their course tuition fees for a maximum period of 24 months. If the scholarship recipient exceeds the 24 months timeframe they become solely responsible for the full tuition cost of any and all remaining courses after the date specified in the scholarship offer.
Australian, Permanent Residents or NZ citizen and International student. To be taken at University of Queensland, Australia
Applications open 1 July 2015 and close 31 May 2016
How to Apply
Applicants must meet each of the following conditions in order to apply for the scholarship:
- have already submitted an application for entry into the MBA program and be eligible to receive an ‘unconditional’ offer for admission^. That is, you must have met the official entry criteria for acceptance into the MBA program (including GMAT, English Language proficiency, and work experience); and
- provide a personal statement of no more than 1000 words (use 1.5 spacing and 12 point font) in support of your application. This statement should:
- explain why you want to undertake the MBA at UQ Business School; and
- describe what value you think you will bring to your fellow MBA students; and
- outline your long-term career goals; and
- provide evidence of your leadership skills and community involvement; and
- outline how you will add value to the MBA program; and
- supply two written references as follows:
- a professional reference from a current or former (recent) supervisor or manager; and
- a character reference; and
- attend an interview if required—in Australia or via video-conference/skype/phone. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted as required to arrange a suitable time; and
- NOT have been awarded any other MBA scholarship as defined by UQ Business School.
Submit your application with a covering letter addressed to the MBA Director to:
Coordinator, MBA Student Liaison Officers
UQ Business School