Uppsala University Masters Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Uppsala University Masters Scholarship (100% tuition) for Developing Countries. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Uppsala University Masters Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Uppsala University Masters Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Application Timeline:
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- Fields of Study
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- How are selections made?
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- How long will the scholarship last?
- How to Apply for the Uppsala University Masters Scholarship
The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship is aimed at students who live in unsafe and dangerous conditions in areas of conflict outside Europe. Scholarships will cover the cost of tuition, but not living expenses, for studies at Uppsala University Master’s programmes offered during the current admisison round and commencing August 2018.
- Application opens: 16th January 2019
- Application closes: 1st February 2019. Link to online application will be published here on 16th Jan.
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
Afghanistan, DR Congo, Ethiopia, India, Iraq, Libya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Turkey and Yemen.
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
Fields of Study
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Citizens of: Afghanistan, DR Congo, Ethiopia, India, Iraq, Libya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Turkey and Yemen.
- Applicants must show why they are particularly vulnerable and therefore in need to belonging to the education environment at Uppsala University as well as having the academic talent required.
- Students can only be awarded a King Carl Gustaf scholarship for their first priority programme at Uppsala University.
- You must meet the entrance requirements for the programme you applied to and application fee and supporting documents must have been received before deadline to University Admissions.
How are selections made?
Uppsala University’s scholarships for tuition liable students are merit-based and are awarded to academically talented students who show an interest in belonging to an educational milieu. Information about your academic performance is taken from the supporting documents you submit when applying to Master’s or Bachelor’s studies. The written motivation in your online scholarship application is also taken into account. Financial need does not factor into the awarding.
The scholarship selection process will be undertaken in parallel with the programme selection process. To gain entrance to the programme, and be awarded a scholarship, students must meet all general and specific entry requirements. The application fee and supporting documents must also be received before the deadline. Students who submit incomplete applications or do not apply in time will not be considered for scholarships at Uppsala University.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
Complete tuition waiver
How long will the scholarship last?
How to Apply for the Uppsala University Masters Scholarship
The application period for scholarships from Uppsala University will be open from 16 January to 1 February 2019. Therefore, the link to the online scholarship application form will be found here on 16 January 2019.
Documentation to send:
- No extra documents need to be sent. We will use documentation you submit with your programme application on www.universityadmissions.se.
- Your application ID from www.universityadmissions.se must be noted on the scholarship application form.