University of Tsukuba Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the University of Tsukuba Program in Economic Policy (PEP) Scholarships for Developing Countries. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
University of Tsukuba Program Details and FAQs
- University of Tsukuba Program Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- How to Apply for the University of Tsukuba Scholarship
The objective of the Program in Economic and Public Policy (PEPP) is to provide, within the time frame of 18 months, training and the necessary skills for the conception, design, and implementation of development policies. Our focus is on International Development with a trans-disciplinary approach to the economic and social problems of developing countries and former socialist countries.
From enrollment in October 2018, the Course in Public Policy is no longer available. Only the Course in Economic Policy will be offered.
Applications are open to apply for Program in Economic and Public Policy (PEPP) studies in the University of Tsukuba through the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) of the World Bank.
When is the application deadline?
28th February, 2019 (23:59 JST)
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
To apply to PEP by JJ/WBGSP scholarship, applicant must:
- Be a national of a World Bank (WB) member country that is eligible to receive WB financing and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the WB financing.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and have completed 16 years of school education (up to undergraduate level). A strong background in economics and associated quantitative tools (linear algebra, calculus and basic statistics) is highly recommended.
- Not have received any scholarship funding to earn a Graduate degree or its equivalent from any sources funded by the government of Japan.
- Be employed in a paid and full-time position at the time of the Scholarship When is the application deadline? unless the applicant is from a country identified in the WB’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations.”
- Have, by the time of the Scholarship When is the application deadline?, at least three (3) years of recent full-time paid professional experience acquired in development-related work after a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. If the applicant is from a country identified in the WB’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations” at the time of the Scholarship When is the application deadline?, the recent professional experience does not have to be full-time or paid.
- Be under the age of forty-five (45) at the Scholarship When is the application deadline?.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, staff of the World Bank Group (the World Bank, International Development Association, International Finance Corporation, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), or a close relative of the aforementioned.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
Students who have been given scholarship grants by the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) of the World Bank will enjoy the following benefits:
– Round trip air travel (economy class) between home country and Japan, plus a travel allowance of US$ 500 for each one-way trip
– Full tuition and fees
– A monthly living stipend
– National health insurance
– Other program expenses such as Japanese lessons, educational trips, internship, etc.
How to Apply for the University of Tsukuba Scholarship
- Check if you meet all application requirements above.
- To complete application process efficiently and successfully, you must read the Application Instructions carefully before/during application process. FAQ may be of assistance to you.
- Go to our Online Application System to start application process.