Applications are currently ongoing for the University of Queensland Science Scholarship for International Students. Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will I be studying?
- What is the award about?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the selection criteria?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- How to Apply for the Programme
The University of Queensland scholarships are available for outstanding international students in undergraduate or postgraduate coursework programs in science at UQ.
When is the application deadline?
1st June 2018
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will I be studying?
What is the award about?
Two different scholarships are available:
* The Full Degree Scholarship is awarded to students enrolling in year one of a UQ Faculty of Science full degree program and is a single payment of AU$10,000
* The Advanced Standing Scholarship is awarded to students enrolling in a UQ Faculty of Science program with advanced standing (credit articulation), for example on the basis of previous study at a Polytechnic, and is a single payment of AU$3,000.
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
To be eligible for a UQ Science International Scholarship, you must:
- Be classified as an international student in Australia
- Have an unconditional or a conditional offer (with all conditions met by the scholarship closing date) from UQ
- For undergraduate programs, have completed senior high school and obtained an entry score that equates to a Queensland Tertiary Education rank of 96 or higher
- For postgraduate programs, have completed an undergraduate degree and obtained a GPA (Grade Point Average) of 6 or higher on a 7-point scale
- Not have already commenced your studies at UQ, even if you seek a change of program
- Not simultaneously hold another scholarship
What are the selection criteria?
Following the closing date, UQ will select winners based on a competitive, merit-based process, based on:
- Candidates’ academic performance as demonstrated by their Grade Point Averages (GPA)
- Candidates’ potential to contribute to science, assessed on the basis of their personal statements
How many scholarship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
AU$3,000 or AU$10,000 depending on the award
How to Apply for the Programme
For either the Full Degree Scholarship or the Advanced Standing Scholarship:
- Lodge an official UQ undergraduate or postgraduate application form for international students for entry into one of the eligible Science programs either directly to UQ or through your agent.
- Receive a UQ Student ID Number and an unconditional offer (or a conditional offer providing that all conditions are to be met by the scholarship closing date).
- Complete and submit the Science International Scholarship online application form.