Applications are currently ongoing for the University of Lausanne (UNIL) Masters Scholarship for International Students who are interested in studying in Switzerland. Interested students should see the details below.
University of Lausanne International Masters Scholarship Details and FAQs
- University of Lausanne International Masters Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What are the eligible fields of study?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the selection criteria?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- What is the duration of the scholarship?
- How to Apply for the University of Lausanne International Masters Scholarships
The University of Lausanne in Lausanne, Switzerland was founded in 1537 as a school of theology, before being made a university in 1890. Today about 13,500 students and 2,200 researchers study and work at the university. Approximately 1,500 international students attend the university (120 nationalities), which has a wide curriculum including exchange programs with world-renowned universities.
Since 2005, the University follows the requirements of the Bologna process. The 2011 Times Higher Education World University Rankings ranked the University of Lausanne 116th globally. The CWTS Leiden Ranking 2015 ranks the University of Lausanne 11th in Europe and 41st globally, out of 750 universities. Together with the École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) the university forms a vast campus at the shores of Lake Geneva.
The University of Lausanne (UNIL) Masters scholarships are scholarships for excellence awarded exclusively to students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are of a very high level. The amount of the grant is CHF 1,600.- per month from 15 September to 15 July, for a duration not exceeding the regulation minimum period of the programme (according to the programme, one-and-a-half years or two years subject to deduction for paid placements or exempt semesters, if any). Abandonment of the programme results in suspension of the grant.
To facilitate access to Master’s degrees by students with qualifications from foreign universities, the University of Lausanne provides around ten Master’s grants which are awarded on a competitive basis.
When is the application deadline?
1st November 2018
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What are the eligible fields of study?
Candidates must choose a Master’s programme from among those offered by the UNIL, EXCEPT:
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of education
- Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- All MASs (PhD programmes)
For the Master of Law, only two specialisms,”international and comparative law” and “legal theory” are open to applications for Masters scholarships.
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- The candidate must be the holder of a degree from a foreign university.
- The qualification held by the candidate must be deemed equivalent to the UNIL Bachelor’s degree.
What are the selection criteria?
The grants are intended more particularly for students who distinguished themselves in their university studies and who have difficulty meeting their financial needs for the duration of the Master’s. It is however necessary that the candidates have sufficient financial means to live on themselves during the complementary studies that may be required prior to enroll on the Master’s degree.
How many scholarship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
CHF 1,600.- per month.
What is the duration of the scholarship?
one-and-a-half years or two years (subject to deduction for paid placements or exempt semesters, if any). Abandonment of the programme results in suspension of the grant.
How to Apply for the University of Lausanne International Masters Scholarships
Candidates must send their completed application (refer to the document, “list of documents to attach to your application”), unbound, by post only to the following address:
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
- The application form must be completed on a computer and duly signed by the candidate.
- The application for the Masters scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to register at UNIL).
- You must not make an application for admission to the masters degree via the Admissions Department (SII).
- The SASME forwards shortlisted applications to the selection committee which will award grants to students meeting all criteria according to the available budget.