Applications are currently ongoing for the 2017 University Of Houston-Victoria International Students Merit Scholarships. Interested students should see the details below.
About University Of Houston-Victoria
- About University Of Houston-Victoria
- University Of Houston-Victoria International Students Merit Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will I be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What is the value of the program?
- What is the duration of the program?
- How to Apply for the Programme
The University of Houston–Victoria (UHV) is a four-year state university and one of four distinct institutions in the University of Houston System. Its campus spans 20 acres (8.1 ha) in Victoria, with a satellite location at UHV Katy. Founded in 1971, UHV has an enrollment of over 4,300 students.
The school’s athletics teams are known as the UHV Jaguars; the university has fielded baseball and softball teams, and men’s and women’s soccer and golf teams. The UHV Jaguars are members of the Red River Athletic Conference and compete in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) Division I.
University Of Houston-Victoria International Students Merit Scholarship Details and FAQs
The University of Houston – Victoria is offering the International Student Merit Scholarship to incoming/currrent undergraduate and Postgraduate (Masters) students of international visa status.
All undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply for the International Merit Scholarship. The award is a $1000 award for the academic year (fall, spring and summer), if the recipient is a spring semester recipient, the award is for spring and summer only.
The scholarship will reduce the student’s tuition and fees by $500 every fall, spring and summer.
For international students on F-1 and J-1 visa the scholarship will reflect the residency tuition rate. The award only applies to tuition and fees. All other costs such as housing, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books, supplies, and health insurance are not included in this scholarship. The scholarship award can only be used to study at UHV. The awards and waivers are available for fall recipients for the fall, spring, and summer semesters, and for spring recipients this scholarship and waivers will be awarded for spring and summer semesters for undergraduate and graduate full-time study at UHV.
When is the application deadline?
- Fall semester deadline: 15th June 2018
- Spring semester deadline: 15th November 2018
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will I be studying?
What is the category of this opportunity?
Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Masters) taught
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Be admitted student to UHV
- At the time of award the student must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits for undergraduate students, 9 credits for graduate students.
- Returning/or current students must have two semesters remaining to graduate (semester receiving the scholarship cannot be the final semester)
- Returning/Current students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above for undergraduate students and cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above for graduate students.
- Spring semester scholarship recipients will receive the scholarship only for the spring and summer semesters. In order to maximize the scholarship opportunity all spring scholarship recipients are required to register for a full-time course load online (summer only) or face-to-face. If applicable all spring scholarship recipients must re-apply for the fall merit scholarship before the deadline (see below).
- International students or students on other non-immigrant visa status
- F-1 and J-1 students must be on the relevant visa status on or before the state date of their immigration document
- F-1 and J-1 students must attend mandatory International Student orientation at Victoria or Katy
- All non-immigrant status students must be on good academic and immigration status
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
How many scholarship awards are available?
What is the value of the program?
What is the duration of the program?
How to Apply for the Programme
Complete BOTH the scholarship application forms
- First submit the online UHV General Scholarship Application.
- Sign in using your UHV username and password.
- Second submit International Student Merit Scholarship Application. Please note, you will need to attach the necessary application requirements. Once you hit submit the application, along with the uploaded attachments will be sent to the International Programs Office automatically.
- Both the above mentioned applications MUST be completed in order for your scholarship application to be eligible for review .
Merit scholarship for spring semester is only awarded for spring and summer semester. All spring scholarship recipients must take part time or fulltime summer course load (online or F2F) and is required to take summer courses. All spring merit scholarship recipients must re-apply for the following year Merit Scholarship.