University of Hamburg Merit Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Universität Hamburg Merit Scholarships for International Students. Interested students should see the details below.
Universität Hamburg Merit Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Universität Hamburg Merit Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?: You are entitled to funding if you:
- What are the selection criteria?
- Number of scholarships
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- What is the duration of the scholarship?
- How to Apply for the University of Hamburg Merit Scholarship
The University of Hamburg is a comprehensive university in Hamburg, Germany. It was founded on 28 March 1919, having grown out of the previous General lecture system and the Colonial Institute of Hamburg as well as the Akademic Gymnasium.
With its merit scholarship program, Universität Hamburg supports outstanding international students and doctoral researchers of all subjects and degree levels who are actively involved in a social or intercultural context. The awarding of a merit scholarship allows recipients to concentrate fully on their studies and gives them the opportunity to develop their skills.
When is the application deadline?
15th October 2018
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?: You are entitled to funding if you:
- are pursuing an academic degree at Universität Hamburg and have been enrolled in your degree program for at least 2 semesters (master’s students can apply after 1 semester);
- do not hold German citizenship;
- are not eligible for the federal student loan scheme (BAföG);
- demonstrate good to excellent academic performance;
- will reside in Hamburg during the entire funding period;
- are in financial need.
What are the selection criteria?
- good to excellent academic performance
- other verifiable knowledge and capabilities (e.g., presentations, publications, prizes; additional specialised skills); previous funding
- social and/or intercultural activities (e.g., confirmation of volunteer work)
- applicant’s need/social situation
Number of scholarships
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
The maximum monthly funding sum is €650. Depending on the availability of funding, individual doctoral researchers may be awarded a merit scholarship totaling €1,000 per month (about 3-4 scholarships in each application round).
What is the duration of the scholarship?
Merit scholarships are awarded for 2 semesters (total of 12 months). It is possible to re-apply for a scholarship after being awarded. The maximum funding period in justified exceptional cases is 3 years
How to Apply for the University of Hamburg Merit Scholarship
Visit the webpage below to apply: