University of Essex Scholarship: Applications are currently ongoing for the £4,000 Africa Scholarship Programme at University Of Essex. Interested students should see the details about how to apply below and note that the application deadline is September 30th 2019.
Description and FAQs About the University of Essex Scholarship Programme
- Description and FAQs About the University of Essex Scholarship Programme
- When is the application deadline?
- How often is this scholarship offered to eligible candidates?
- Which countries are eligible to apply?
- In which host country will I be studying?
- What is the scholarship course level/category?
- What is the value of the scholarship?
- What is the duration of the programme?
- What are the eligibility criteria?
- How to Apply for the University of Essex Scholarship Programme
The University of Essex is a public research university in Essex, England. Established in 1963 and received its Royal Charter in 1965, it is one of the leading universities in Europe.
The university’s largest campus is within Wivenhoe Park, less than a mile (1.6 km) from Wivenhoe and two miles (3 km) from Colchester. Apart from the Wivenhoe Park campus, there is a campus in Southend-on-Sea and the East 15 Acting School is in Loughton. The university’s motto, “Thought the harder, heart the keener”, is adapted from the Anglo-Saxon poem The Battle of Maldon.
The university has collaborative partnerships with a number of institutions across eastern England including the University of Suffolk, Colchester Institute, South Essex College and Writtle University College.
The University Of Essex, UK invites applications from Africans who wants to further their studies at the institution.
When is the application deadline?
The application deadline is 30th September 2019.
How often is this scholarship offered to eligible candidates?
The scholarship is offered annually.
Which countries are eligible to apply?
The eligible countries are Bangladesh, Canada, China, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Malaysia, Kazakhstan, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, USA, Vietnam.
In which host country will I be studying?
If given the scholarship, you will be studying in UK.
What is the scholarship course level/category?
What is the value of the scholarship?
The scholarship is worth £4,000.
What is the duration of the programme?
The duration of the programme is one year.
What are the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be Africans
- be classified as an international student for fee purposes
- be applying for a full-time Masters course starting in 2018-18 (excluding MBA)
- be self-funded
- meet the academic criteria in the table below:
- Ghana: CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- Nigeria: CGPA 3/5 or above
- Other member states of the African Union: 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
- have completed their bachelors degree program
- have good academic records
How to Apply for the University of Essex Scholarship Programme
If you meet all the eligibility criteria and firmly accept the offer of your place by 30 September 2018 then you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. You’ll be notified of your award by the end of October 2018. You don’t need to complete an application form.
We’ll assess your eligibility based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.