About the University of Edinburgh Business School:
- About the University of Edinburgh Business School:
- About the CSE 2015 Fully Funded PhD Studentship:
- Criteria for Eligibility:
- Fields of Study:
- Eligible Countries/Target Groups:
- Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
- Selection Criteria:
- Application Procedure/Instructions:
- Deadline for Application:
- Official Scholarship Website:
The University of Edinburgh Business School enjoys a long tradition of teaching and research. The School offers undergraduate, postgraduate and executive education programmes in business and management and provides a platform for research, discussion and debate on a wide range of business issues.
We are in the top 1% of business schools in the world to hold triple accreditation. These have been awarded by:
- The US Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- The European Quality and Improvement System (EQUIS)
- The Association of MBAs (AMBA)
About the CSE 2015 Fully Funded PhD Studentship:
You are invited to apply for the CSE 2015 Fully Funded PhD Studentship at University of Edinburgh Business School, UK. The Centre for Service Excellence (CSE) at University of Edinburgh Business School invites applications for a fully funded PhD studentship on a topic of ‘Making a reality of the Public Service – Dominant Logic’. The award will be for three years, subject to satisfactory progress. As part of studentship, students will also be expected to contribute to teaching programmes during their second and third years of the scholarship, for a maximum of six hours per week.
Criteria for Eligibility:
Applicants should have:
- possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited university in the UK or overseas, with evidence of above-average academic achievement (more than 65% overall in your Masters) and the ability to undertake independent research (Master’s dissertation at distinction level). This may be in a management discipline, public policy, public administration or management, or social policy, and;
- for applicants whose native language is not English, an IELTS score of least 7.0, with no score lower than 6.0 in each section, or the equivalent from our approved list of certificates.
- Applicants of all countries are eligible to apply for this fully funded PhD studentship.
Fields of Study:
Management disciplines, public policy, public administration or management, or social policy.
Eligible Countries/Target Groups:
Applicants of all countries are eligible to apply for this fully funded PhD studentship.
Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
The award will be available at the following rates:
- European Union candidates: standard EU tuition fee plus maintenance fee of £14,000 per year.
- Non-European Union candidates: standard non-EU tuition fee plus maintenance fee of £14,000 per year.
The award will be for three years, subject to satisfactory progress and only one fully funded PhD studentship is available.
Selection will be based on: quality of research proposal; previous academic performance; reference letters; and publications (if any).
To apply for this scheme, please ensure that in your online application you:
- Specify that you wish to be considered for this studentship;
- include a covering letter explaining your reasons for applying and why you are the ideal person to receive this scholarship;
- include an initial research proposal specifying your research question, how it fits into and extends the literature, and your initial thoughts upon an appropriate methodology – this should be a maximum of 1,500 words (plus references); and
- include a CV.
Deadline for Application:
The application deadline is 1st May 2015.
Official Scholarship Website:
For more information –
Courtesy – Nigerian Scholars Team
Like our Facebook page, Nigerian Scholars to keep getting our updates and you can also subscribe by submitting you email address via the subscribe form below to keep receiving our newsletters that will help you guarantee success in your academic career both in Nigeria and beyond.
It’s our pleasure to keep serving you better.
[do_widget “email subscription widget”]