UNESCO/IUPAC Postgraduate Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the UNESCO/IUPAC Postgraduate Scholarship for International Students Czech Republic. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
UNESCO/IUPAC Postgraduate Scholarship Details and FAQs
- UNESCO/IUPAC Postgraduate Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the benefits of the award?
- What is the duration of the program?
- How to Apply:
Over the years, more than 150 young researchers from different countries participated in UNESCO/IUPAC Courses (see archive) and contributed to a number of scientific projects. The participant of the UNESCO/IUPAC Course joins a current research project led by an experienced supervisor from the Institute (for research program of the Institute, see http://www.imc.cas.cz). Preliminary contact with the potential supervisor is recommended. The participant is obliged to attend a series of lectures and practica on various topics of polymer science given by Institute specialists.
Graduates can follow in their studies in the Czech Republic as PhD students at Charles University, Institute of Chemical Technology or other in collaboration with laboratories of the Institute.
The Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry is offering scholarships for the Postgraduate Course in Polymer Science under the auspices and support of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) and IUPAC (International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry).
When is the application deadline?
22nd February 2019
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Candidate must have Masters or PhD degree.
- The official language of the Course is English; hence, good command of English is a necessary condition for admittance.
What are the benefits of the award?
- The participants receive monthly scholarship of CZK 9.500,- (EUR 354,- ).
- The participants use facilities at the IMC building in Prague 6 or at the IMC laboratories in the BIOCEV building in Vestec (outskirts of Prague).
- In addition, the Institute offers free accommodation at the Academy Hotel Mazanka.
- The Institute reimburses the payment the participant made to obtain visa.
What is the duration of the program?
The Course begins on 1st October every year and lasts ten months.
How to Apply:
It is important to go through application instructions on the Program Webpage before applying.