UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Award: Applications are currently ongoing for the UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Award. Interested students should see the details below.
UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Award Details
As one of the world’s leading universities, the University of British Columbia creates an exceptional learning environment that fosters global citizenship, advances a civil and sustainable society, and supports outstanding research to serve the people of British Columbia, Canada, and the world.
UBC is where students will put their education into action and help develop exciting ideas that have the potential to change lives. From across Canada and around the world, notable scientists, scholars, writers, and students are drawn here. Diverse perspectives are part of everyone’s experience at UBC. After graduation, scholars will be connected to a global alumni network of over 280,000 people in over 140 countries.
The University of British Columbia is offering the International Leader of Tomorrow ILOT Undergraduate Scholarship Program for International students who wants to undertake an Undergraduate program at UBC.
This scholarship is provided to International Undergraduates who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
Applications for the 2018/19 academic year are now closed. Information on how to apply for the 2019/20 academic year will be available on October 1, 2018.
- December 1, 2018: Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC. Although you can specify two degree choices in your application, only your first-choice degree will be considered for the purposes of this award.
- January 31, 2019: Meet UBC’s English Language Admission Standard.
Value of Scholarship
International Leader of Tomorrow Award-winners receive an award-level commensurate with their financial need as determined by the costs of their tuition, fees and living costs, minus the financial contribution the student and their family can make annually towards these costs. A standard needs-assessment is made, based on financial information provided by students and their families.
To be considered for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (at least an A average or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
How to Apply
This award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
The value of your International Leader of Tomorrow Award is proportional to your financial need. Financial need is determined by totalling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make each year. A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
Your award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
Eligible candidates must be nominated by their current school or college/university. UBC does not send packages directly to students. If you wish to be considered for an award, speak to your counsellor who can request a nomination package from UBC.
Nominees must also complete the online application for academic admission into UBC. Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC. Although you can specify two degree choices in your application, only your first-choice degree will be considered for the purposes of this award.