Applications are currently ongoing for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for Young Scientists from Developing Countries Thailand. Interested students should see the details below.
TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme Details and FAQs
- TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What are the eligible fields of study?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the benefits of the award?
- What is the duration of the programme?
- How to Apply for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
The Fellowship programme is for young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) who wish to pursue advanced research in the biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
When is the application deadline?
31st July 2018
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What are the eligible fields of study?
02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
03-Biological Systems and Organisms
04-Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed country.
- hold a PhD degree in any of the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, microbiology, biochemistry, protein crystallography, organic chemistry, biotechnology, bioinformatics, or related disciplines.
- apply for the fellowship within THREE years of having obtained a PhD degree in a fields of the natural sciences specified above.
- must not be more than 40 years old by the date of the submission of their application. NB. For instance, if an applicant turns 40 on 15 June, s/he should make sure not to submit the application later than 15 June.
- be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Support Division (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting BIOTEC, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of instruction was not English.
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
What are the benefits of the award?
BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
What is the duration of the programme?
Minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 24 months