Toyota Dream Car Art Contest: Applications are currently being invited for the Toyota Dream Car Art Contest. Toyota Nigeria is now accepting entries from Nigerian children who are under the age of 8 and 15 for its 13th art contest.
Toyota Dream Car Art Contest Details
How will your dream car make the world a better place? Every year, thousands of children share their dreams with us. Join them and discover just how powerful dreaming can be. Remember, the National Contest is followed by the World Contest. The participants can win great prizes locally, get opportunity to visit Japan for an Award Ceremony. In addition, young dreamers are given tours at a Toyota factory and can experience various aspects of Japanese culture.
Your Dream Car
- Begin to practice now till contest Day in January/February 2019
- Under 8 years
- 8 – 11 years
- 12 – 15 years
Note: A participant must fall within but not above or plus the age category indicated on his/her entry form and birth certificate as at the day of drawing.
- The top 3 Artworks from each age category at the 13th Toyota Dream Car Art Contest (National Contest)” will be announced on www.toyotanigeria.com and a fabulous prize will be awarded to the winners. At the World Contest, an award certificate and extra prize will be presented to the gold, silver, and bronze award winners and they will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Japan.
The World Contest:
- Awards: Gold, Silver, Bronze
- Each Gold, Silver and Bronze winner gets an Invitation trip to attend the award presentation ceremony (scheduled to take place in August 2019). An award winner will be accompanied by one parent or legal guardian.
The National Contest Modalities:
- Prospective participants should download the Entry Form HERE . Print out in colour. Write your name as it appears in your birth certificate
- Complete forms properly in CAPITAL LETTERS, and bring the completed form to the Drawing Centre for vetting on the assigned date for your locality.
- A passport photograph and A CLEAR photocopy of the birth certificate should be attached to the Entry Form.
- Participants must indicate on the form that they have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the contest. Read it at www.toyotanigeria.com
- Each form MUST be endorsed by participants parents/legal guardians.
- Artwork MUST have a title and explain in a nutshell the concept of your drawing. You will not be allowed to draw without completing the modalities above
- Paper Size: 400mm x 550 mm (15.7-21.7in.) or smaller
- Drawing Materials:
- Any drawing materials can be used, such as color pencils, markers, crayons, or paints.
- Collage or cutout pictures will be allowed for plane drawings, excluding ones making other artworks dirty or requiring special care in handling.
- Unacceptable Artworks:
- CG artwork created on a computer or similar device will not be accepted.
- Collaborative artwork drawn by multiple individuals will not be accepted.
- Artwork created by a person other than the participant
- Piece with incomplete Entry Forms or missing information
- Drawings that resemble the previous Toyota Dream Car Art Contest artworks, famous paintings, and that include trademarked characters.
Drawing Centres and Dates:
Participants are to come with the filled entry form to the live drawing contest venue at any of the three (3) designated centres:
1.) Abuja: International Community School, Abuja, Plot 75 Off Citec Road, Dakibiyu, Abuja.
Date and Time: 26th January, 2019 Time: 8.00am.
2.) Port Harcourt: Graceland International School, 25/27 Liberation Stadium Road, Elekahia, Port Harcourt, Rivers
Date and Time: 26th January, 2019 Time: 8.00am.
3.) Lagos: Caleb International College, Kayode Odusola Crescent Off CMD/Magodo ROad, Ikosi GRA. Lagos
Date and Time: 2nd February, 2019 Time: 8.00am.
Drawing Starts: 10.00am. Lateness is not permitted.
- Judging will be strictly conducted in two stages:
- Artworks entered are judged as the 13th Toyota Dream Car Art Contest (National contest). Top 3 excellent artworks are to be selected from each category.
- The top 3 places in each category in the 13th Toyota Dream Car Art Contest (National contest)” will be submitted to the World Contest that will be held in Japan.
- In the World Contest, these entries selected from each country and region will be judged by a jury panel, where award winners will be selected in order of the gold, silver, and bronze award, along with best finalists.
- The special award will also be selected from these entries submitted to the World Contest.
- Also, winners of World Contest cannot be awarded in the same category again.
How to Apply for the Toyota Dream Car Art Contest
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Fill in all the necessary items on the entry form, and securely attach it to the back of your artwork. Parent’s consent is needed to apply for the entry of this contest. “Application should be submitted at the at the drawing venues above”.
- Toyota (Nigeria) Limited will supply the drawing papers. You are to come with your choice artistic medium – (e.g. water paint, colour markers, crayons, etc.) Your artwork must not only illustrate a car, but must also include a background or setting.
- Create drawings and ideas that can impact or solve challenges that plague any aspect of life or existence
- Artwork that bear striking semblance to artworks/ideas that won in the past will be disqualified.
Please direct your enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org or text message to 08033046077
January, 2019 to February, 2019