Swedish Institute Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the 300 Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) for Developing Countries. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Swedish Institute Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Swedish Institute Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Eligible countries:
- To be taken in (country):
- Accepted Subject Areas:
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Number of Scholarships:
- Scholarship Value
- The scholarship does not cover:
- What is the duration of the scholarship?
- How to Apply for Swedish Institute Scholarships
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) programme is part of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and administered by the Swedish Institute (SI).
The programme offers a unique opportunity for global professionals to develop professionally and academically, to experience Swedish society and culture, and to build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and with each other.
The goal is to enable the scholarship holders to play an active role in the positive development of the societies in which they live. Ideal candidates are ambitious young professionals with academic qualifications, demonstrated work and leadership experience, ambition to make a difference by working with issues which contribute to a just and sustainable development in their country in a long term perspective, and a clear idea of how a study programme in Sweden would benefit their country.
Priority will be given to applicants with a strong and relevant professional background and demonstrated leadership experience.
The Swedish Institute (SI) is now launching the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a new scholarship programme which replaces Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS).
When is the application deadline?
- To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2018 – 15 January 2019.
- Apply for an SI scholarship between 4-14 February 2019, follow the instructions below.
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
International students (especially from developing countries)
To be taken in (country):
Accepted Subject Areas:
SISGP offers scholarships to a large number of master’s programmes starting in the autumn semester 2019. Check the list of master’s programmes that are eligible for SISGP.
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- have minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated full-time or part-time employment, voluntary work, paid/unpaid internship, and/or position of trust.
- be from an eligible country
- display academic qualifications and leadership experience.
- be required to pay tuition fees to the universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and will be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes..
- have demonstrated leadership experience from employment, voluntary work, and/or internship after high school studies.
- Read more about the selection criteria, target countries, and eligible master programmes (in link below) before applying.
Number of Scholarships:
Approximately 300 scholarships will be awarded
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by us
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 *
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
* The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members
- Application fee to University Admissions
What is the duration of the scholarship?
The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships is intended for full-time master’s level studies of one or two years, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The scholarship is granted for one academic year (two semesters) at a time. It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters, provided that the student has passed his/her courses/credits.
How to Apply for Swedish Institute Scholarships
The application process consists of these steps.
- Apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se
- Apply for a SISGP scholarship
- Notifications from University Admissions
- Announcement of 300 successful SI scholarship recipients
It is important to go through ALL Application requirements before applying for this scholarship.