Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 Tier One Fully-Funded International Scholarships at University of Houston. Interested students should see the details below.
The University of Houston (UH) is a Carnegie Tier One state research university and the flagship institution of the University of Houston System. Founded in 1927, UH is the third-largest university in Texas with nearly 43,000 students. Its campus spans 667 acres in southeast Houston, and was known as University of Houston–University Park from 1983 to 1991. The Carnegie Foundation classifies UH as a doctoral degree-granting institution with “highest research activity.” The U.S. News & World Report ranks the university No. 194 in its National University Rankings, and No. 103 among top public universities.
The university offers more than 280 degree programs through its 14 academic colleges on campus—including programs leading to professional degrees in architecture, law, optometry, and pharmacy. The institution conducts $150 million annually in research, and operates more than 40 research centers and institutes on campus. Interdisciplinary research includes superconductivity, space commercialization and exploration, biomedical sciences and engineering, energy and natural resources, and artificial intelligence. Awarding more than 9,000 degrees annually, UH’s alumni base exceeds 260,000. The economic impact of the university contributes over $3 billion annually to the Texas economy, while generating about 24,000 jobs.
The College of Technology at the University of Houston, Texas is offering the Tier One Fully-funded scholarships to interested applicants who are willing to pursue a degree program at the Institution.
This scholarship program is created to empower students in their pursuit of learning, discovery, leadership, and engagement.
Application Deadline: November 15th 2017
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at(Country): USA
Number Of Awards: Not specified
Value Of Scholarships:
- Funding for four years1 of tuition and mandatory fees
- Funding for first two years of room and board
- Abroad stipend and a mentored research stipend
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- have a 1400 SAT or 30 ACT composite score, and rank in the top 10% of your class
- be freshmen or undergraduates
- have applied or applying for a course of study
- have good academic records
How To Apply: The following are required during application:
- Your application for admission to the University.
- Your Tier One Scholarship application.
- A letter of recommendation sent directly by the recommender to email@example.com. Your letter should be from an individual who knows you well (high school teacher, school administrator, club advisor, etc.).