Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 Global Leaders Fellowships at George Washington University. Interested students should see the details below.
Applications are invited for the Global Leaders Fellowship program which is awarded to upcoming graduate students who wants to undergo a degree program at George Washington University, USA.
This fellowship program is intended for George Washington(GW) graduate students who will be future leaders in their fields in their home countries, returning to their countries of origin to apply skills learned through their formal education at GW.
5th February 2018 12:00 pm (Noon) EST
China (PRC), Cambodia, Eastern Europe, Laos, Latin America, The Caribbean, Mongolia, Sub-Saharan Africa (includes Nigeria), U.S.S.R. Successor States, ,Vietnam
Eligible Fields of Study
Graduate students (master’s and doctoral) from Foggy Bottom on campus programs in the following schools are eligible:
- College of Professional Studies
- Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
- Elliott School of International Affairs
- Graduate School of Education and Human Development
- School of Business (Executive Education program is not eligible)
- School of Engineering and Applied Science
Number of Scholarships
Scholarship Value and Benefits
The Fellowships will cover up to 18 credit hours will be awarded for 2018-19. The grantee is to provide funds from other sources for books, living, and other expenses, and must provide certification of this support.
A Fellowship is renewable each year for a cumulative maximum of three years for Master’s candidates and up to five years for doctoral candidates. A grantee must submit renewal materials for the Fellowship each year; renewal is contingent upon the grantee’s grades (GPA of 3.0 or better).
To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be citizens of the above mentioned region
- have not studied or worked in the U.S. or other countries aside from their home country.
- have applied or applying to George Washington University, USA
- have excellent academic records
How to Apply
- Students need to apply for admission separately through the online process. No Fellowship applicants will be considered who have not completed the admissions application, including payment of their application fee.
- As part of the admissions process, applicants must have passed the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 600 on the paper-based exam or 100 on the internet based exam, or an IELTS overall band score of 7.5 (with no individual band below 6.0).
- Applicants must apply via the online submissions portal by the deadline. Instructions on how to apply through the portal can be found here.
Please note that permanent residents, resident aliens and U.S. Citizens are not eligible for this fellowship. Applicants must have an F-1 (J-1 visa for Fulbright applicants only), no exceptions.