Applications are currently ongoing for the 2017 NMU International Students Scholarships. Interested students should see the details below.
The NMU International Academic Award is automatically available to academically talented, undergraduate international students who are enrolled at Northern Michigan University as a full-time associate or baccalaureate degree student. Award recipients are expected to engage in cultural sharing or community service activities.
The application deadline for this scholarship program is on 1st September 2017.
New undergraduate international students who have not earned a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must be International students.
- Applicants must maintain a cumulative 3.0 NMU G.P.A.
- Applicants must have good academic records.
- Applicants must enroll for a full-time undergraduate program at NMU
Full-time undergraduate – 12 credit hours or more.
$2,200/yr. Unlimited number of awards.
Automatically awarded based on high school gpa or transfer gpa of a 3.0 or better. Must hold an F-1 Visa and be in a valid immigration status.
- May receive scholarships for up to 8 semesters (new international freshman) or 6 semesters for transfer students, or until completion of first bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first.
- Must maintain a cumulative 3.0 NMU G.P.A. and full-time enrollment.
- Must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy requirements.
- FAO Monitors annually at the conclusion of the winter semester
How to Apply
Interested applicants are automatically awarded based on high school or transfer GPA of 3.0 or better