Applications are currently ongoing for the 2017 International Student Merit Scholarships at UHV. Interested students should see the details below.
All undergraduate and graduate F-1 and J-1 international students are eligible to apply for the International Student Merit Scholarship. The scholarship will reduces the student’s tuition and fees cost to reflect the residency tuition rate. Other costs such as housing, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books, supplies, and health insurance are not included in this scholarship. The scholarship award can only be used for study at UHV. The awards and waivers are available for Fall recipients for the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters, and for Spring recipients this scholarship and waivers will be awarded for Spring and Summer semesters for undergraduate and graduate full-time study at UHV.
Applications are invited from outstanding International students who want to undergo a Postgraduate or Undergraduate degree program at the University of Houston-Victoria in Victoria, Texas.
This scholarship program will reduce the student’s tuition and fees cost to reflect the residency tuition rate. Other costs such as housing, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books, supplies, and health insurance are not included in this scholarship.
Completed applications need to be submitted by the following dates:
- Fall semester deadline: June 15th
- Spring semester deadline: November 15th
- Be admitted to UHV and registered full-time (minimum of 12 credits for undergraduate and minimum of 9-credits for graduate). Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to UHV. However, a scholarship applicant must be admitted to UHV as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed. Please visit International Student Admissions for mor information.
- Spring semester scholarship recipients will receive the scholarship only for the Spring and Summer semesters. In order to maximize the scholarship opportunity, all Spring scholarship recipients must be registered for full-time course load online (Summer only) or Face-to-Face. All Spring scholarship recipients must re-apply for the Fall merit scholarship before the deadline (see below).
- Have F-1 or J-1 student visa.
- U.S. Transfer International students must be in good academic and immigration status.
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
- Submit the completed International Student Merit Scholarship Application Form.
- Attend the mandatory international student orientation and plan to arrive to UHV five business days prior to the first class day.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are advised to download and completely fill in the application form. Completed forms should be sent via email to email@example.com with subject line “merit scholarship”
Scholarship Official Webpage