Applications are currently ongoing for the 2017 Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholars Program for Undergraduate Studies. It’s a full tuition international students scholarship. See details below.
The Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholars Program is an opportunity for students who would like to study at Simmons College in Boston, USA.
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program. This scholarship is a tuition free scholarship.
December 1, 2017
Scholarship Value and Benefits
The scholarship is awarded for the duration of a four-year period of full-time undergraduate study and supersedes any previously awarded merit scholarship.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- The scholarship covers full tuition, mandatory fees, and room and board.
- An annual award of $3,000 is given for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, and research support.
Students applying for the Kotzen Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Apply as a freshman for the fall semester
- Standardized test score of 28 or higher (ACT), 1300 or higher (new SAT) or 1250 or higher (old SAT – CR+M). Minimum of 600 in each SAT section strongly recommended.
- Non-native English speakers must submit TOEFL and SAT or ACT scores
- GPA of 3.3 or higher, unweighted
- College preparatory curriculum including an advanced level math course during, or prior to, your senior year of high school
- A record of taking honours, advanced placement (AP) and international baccalaureate (IB) courses, as available in their high school systems
How to Apply
Applicants must complete and submit both their scholarship application and their admission application to the College by December 1.
The scholarship application consists of two parts: a short answer and a formal essay. Students must upload these documents or submit them via email to ugadm-at-simmons.edu with the subject line “Kotzen Application” by December 1. On each page of the document, students should include their full name and date of birth.
- Short Answer(of no more than 250 words): How would you use your additional annual award of $3000 (for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, and/or research support)?
- Formal Essay(of no more than 500 words): In what manner can a woman most effectively lead change in today’s world?
To apply for admission into the school, interested applicants are to visit this link.