Applications are currently ongoing for the A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarships (Fully-funded Masters at the University of Warwick, UK). Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will I be studying?
- What are the eligible courses and fields of study?
- What is the scholarship about?
- Offered Since:
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- How long will the scholarship last?
- How to Apply for the Programme
This is to announce the opening of the recruitment process for the A.S.Hornby Educational Trust scholarships for study in the UK between October 2018 and September 2019.
When is the application deadline?
12.00 midday UK time Monday 16th February 2018.
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will I be studying?
University or Warwick, UK
What are the eligible courses and fields of study?
What is the scholarship about?
The A.S.Hornby Educational Trust scholarships are awarded every year to English language teachers from outside the UK to study for Masters in ELT at the University of Warwick. The Trust was set up by A.S.Hornby in 1961 to support English language teaching worldwide.
A.S.Hornby had a distinguished career in English language teaching and developed the Oxford Advanced Learners’ Dictionary, which is still published in its 8th edition by Oxford University Press. The Trust is a registered charity in the UK. The scholarships fund study on the one-year Masters in ELT at the University of Warwick
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Eligible applicants for the scholarship award must have at least two years’ full-time ELT experience and a full university degree, and must be a citizen of the country from which they apply.
- Warwick University also requires a currently valid IELTS score of 6.5 overall, with no less than 6.0 in any of the categories and 6.5 for writing.
- The Hornby Scholarships are intended to support experienced English language teachers who have the potential to make a significant future contribution to English language teaching and teachers in their countries.
How many scholarship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
The scholarships cover all the costs in the UK including a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses, tuition fees, and return air tickets, tuition fees, visa and IELTS test costs.
How long will the scholarship last?
The scholarships fund study on the one-year Masters in ELT at the University of Warwick
How to Apply for the Programme
Applicants are selected by a four-stage process.
- Online application form – applicants submit the online application form for initial assessment
- Interview – applicants who are successful at stage 1 are invited for interview at the British Council office in their country of origin
- Application to university –applicants selected from the interview are invited to apply to the university for consideration
- University acceptance – the scholarship award is confirmed with the applicant and arrangements are made to arrive in the UK to begin study by 1st October 2018
If you are interested in applying for a Hornby scholarship, you must read the document attached to this page -“Hornby Scholarship Applicant Information”.
It is important to read this information before completing the online application form, because you cannot leave the application in the middle of completing it and return to finish it another time.
Scholarship Webpage for information about the scholarship and accessing the online application form.