Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 Mo Ibrahim Foundation Fully-Funded Scholarships at University of London, UK. Interested students should see the details below.
The University of London is a collegiate and a federal research university located in London, England. The University was incorporated originally by royal charter in 1836 and is, at present, incorporated by royal charter granted in 1863. It is now governed by the University of London Act 1994 and by the Statutes made under it. The university currently consists of 18 constituent colleges, nine research institutes and a number of central bodies. The collegiate university houses the second-oldest medical school in London, and was the first to admit women as degree candidates in the United Kingdom and also the first to appoint a female as its Vice Chancellor in the United Kingdom.
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation was established in 2006 with a focus on the critical importance of leadership and governance in Africa.
The Centre of African Studies & SOAS in partnership with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation invites applications from Africans who are looking to acquire a degree program at the University of London, UK.
This scholarship program is created with the aim of building skills, developing talent, and enabling Africans to improve the quality of governance in their countries.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2018
Eligible Countries: Applicants from Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for this Mo Ibrahim Foundation scholarship. Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub-Saharan Africa.
To Be Taken At: United Kingdom
Course Level: Doctorate
Eligible Field Of Study:
- Development Studies
- International Relations/Politics
- CISD (Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy)
- DEFIMS (Department for Financial and Management Studies )
- Distance Learning: CEFIMS(Centre for Financial and Management Studies), DEFIMS
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Value Of Scholarships: The scholarship provides for fees for three years and an annual bursary of £16.000 per year. The scholarship also covers visa costs, HIS and TB (if undertaken), provided receipts are submitted to the Centre of African Studies office.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country. Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- have completed their bachelors and Masters degree program’
- have applied or applying to University of London
- have good academic records
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Please provide the following documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Complete application form (see pdf attached on the right side of this page)
- A copy of the unconditional offer received from SOAS admissions office
- CV (please include your email address)
- 2 pages max statement outlining knowledge and interest in governance-related issues
- Your research proposal (as sent to the SOAS Admissions Office)