Applications are currently ongoing for the Cambridge University Trinity College Bursaries for Masters Students from Africa. Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Eligible Countries
- In which host country will I be studying?
- What is the course level?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Number of Awardees
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- How long will the scholarship last?
- How to Apply for the Scholarship
The Trinity Bursaries for Students from Africa are intended for students from any African country who wish to take a taught post-graduate course at the University of Cambridge, leading to the MASt, the MPhil or the LLM degree. Bursars who wish to stay on to do research for the PhD degree may compete, towards the end of their year here, for a Trinity Internal Graduate Studentship.
When is the application deadline?
12:00 noon (GMT) on Friday 19th January 2018.
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
students from African countries
In which host country will I be studying?
What is the course level?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
Eligible candidates must:
- hold a First Class Honours Degree or its equivalent in their country of origin,
- not yet have studied for a substantial period (more than 12 months) outside their home country,
- be citizens of any African country, and
- have applied for admission, or already received an offer of admission, to the University of Cambridge for a post-graduate course leading to the MASt, MPhil or LLM degree.
Number of Awardees
Up to two Bursaries may be awarded.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- Graduate Course Fees,
- maintenance allowance (at the minimum rate set by the University), and a
- return ticket from the country of origin to the United Kingdom.
How long will the scholarship last?
The Bursaries are awarded for up to one year and are not renewable.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
An award will be conditional upon the applicant being accepted by the University’s Graduate Admissions Office for a course in the University. Successful applicant(s) must become member(s) of Trinity College on taking up the Bursary.
It is important to go through the How to Apply webpage before applying.