Applications are currently ongoing for the Merit Scholarships for Developing Regions at University of Sheffield, UK – 2018. Interested students should see the details below.
The University of Sheffield is offering Merit Scholarships to interested applicants from Africa and other developing countries who are looking to undergo a degree program at the Institution.
- A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible offer holders from February onwards.
- You must have received an offer by 13th April 2018.
- You must choose the University of Sheffield as your firm choice by Friday 20th April 2018.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is 16:00 (UK time) on Friday 20th April 2018.
- Scholarship results will be announced by 16:00 (UK time) on Friday 25th May 2018.
Offered annually? Yes
Host Country: UK
Eligible Field Of Study: All
- East and South Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius
- Middle East and North Africa: Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt, Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco
- South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Hong Kong, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Japan, S. Korea, Norway, Turkey
Course Level: Undergraduate
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Value Of Scholarship: 50% tuition waiver
Duration Of Scholarship: Duration of programme
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must;
- be citizens of the above mentioned countries
- have applied or applying to Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- be self-financing
- have good academic records from previous educational programs
How to Apply for the Scholarship
A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards. First apply for admission into any of the school’s Undergraduate programs by Friday 13th April 2017