Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 100% ORID Rhodes Postgraduate Scholarships at University of Oxford. Interested students should see the details below.
The University of Oxford (informally Oxford University or simply Oxford) is a collegiate research university located in Oxford, England. It has no known date of foundation, but there is evidence of teaching as far back as 1096, making it the oldest university in the English-speaking world and the world’s second-oldest university in continuous operation. It grew rapidly from 1167 when Henry II banned English students from attending the University of Paris. After disputes between students and Oxford townsfolk in 1209, some academics fled north-east to Cambridge where they established what became the University of Cambridge. The two “ancient universities” are frequently jointly referred to as “Oxbridge”.
The university is made up of a variety of institutions, including 38 constituent colleges and a full range of academic departments which are organised into four divisions. All the colleges are self-governing institutions within the university, each controlling its own membership and with its own internal structure and activities. Being a city university, it does not have a main campus and instead its buildings and facilities are scattered throughout the city centre. Most undergraduate teaching at Oxford is organised around weekly tutorials at the colleges and halls, supported by classes, lectures and laboratory work provided by university faculties and departments.
Want to study at University Of Oxford, UK? The Office of Research, Innovation and Development (ORID) is pleased to inform the University community of the Call for Applications for the “THE RHODES SCHOLARSHIP 2018″.
The Rhodes scholarship is administered by the Rhodes Trust, Oxford, United Kingdom and is a postgraduate award that seeks to support exceptional students from around the world to study at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
Application Deadline: 14th October, 2017.
Eligible Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo
To Be Taken At (Country): UK
Number Of Awards: Not specified
Value Of Award:
- Full tuition, a maintenance stipend (covering accommodation, feeding, and incidentals) and one economy class airfare to and from Oxford at the beginning and end of tenure.
- Comprehensive Rhodes Character, Service & Leadership programme (retreats, workshops, conferences) which is designed to equip them on how to solve critical problems in any community they find themselves, as well as many discussions and social events at Rhodes House, Oxford.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 19-25 (You must have reached your 19th and not have passed your 26th birthday on 1 October 2018. This means candidates must have been born after 30 September 1992 and on or before 1October 1999)
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo.
- have completed their bachelors degree program
- have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford.
How To Apply: The following are required during application:
a. A completed application form online
b. Citizenship criterion:
i. A certified copy of your birth certificate (or an affidavit of birth)
ii. A national identity card
iii. A valid passport (with translation, if necessary)
c. Evidence of residency within the region
d. An official transcript from the University attended
e. A head and shoulders photograph in jpeg format
f. Curriculum vitae, showing details of what you have achieved.
g. An IELTS or TOEFL certificate as evidence of English Proficiency (If English is not your first language).
h. A signed personal statement. For more information, please go to www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarship/how-to-apply-for-a-rhodes-scholarship
i. A list of referees( minimum of 4 and maximum of 6) who are willing to submit references on your behalf
Applications may be submitted online at the following link www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk via the scholarships tab.
All applicants are entreated to read carefully the general information for candidates on Rhodes website, the Condition of Tenure for Rhodes scholarship. A detailed information is available at this link www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate .