About 2017 GJA’s LLM Human Rights MasterCard Scholarships for Africans
Application is currently ongoing for the 2017 GJA’s LLM Human Rights MasterCard Scholarships for Africans.
60 postgraduate Masters scholarships are available for the brightest and best African scholars with great potential but few educational opportunities.
Scholars will be provided with the opportunity to become leaders within their communities and to improve the lives of countless more when they return home to Africa.
November 30, 2016
Value of Scholarship
Ten scholarships are available in 2017/2018 which will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance. Awards are tenable for one academic year, and at the end of the award candidates will be required to return to Africa.
The Global Justice Academy is delighted that its LLM in Human Rights is eligible for the award, along with the following postgraduate Masters programmes:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Education
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- LLM Human Rights
- MSc Product Design
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
- You must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh in the programmes listed above. We encourage applicants to apply to this scholarship BEFORE applying to the University. Have a look at entry requirements for postgraduate students at http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international/postgraduate-entry/africa.
- You must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country, whose personal circumstances would make accepting an offer from the University of Edinburgh difficult. Applications from Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zimbabwe are particularly welcome;
- You must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community; and
- You are able to present economically disadvantaged circumstances and be able to show that you lack financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary (university) education in your home country or elsewhere.
Preference will be given to candidates who have not already had the opportunity to study in Scotland.
How to Apply
We encourage applicants to apply to this scholarship BEFORE applying to the University (unless they are also applying to funding elsewhere). By completing a short online pre-application assessment, the MCF team will assess the student’s eligibility for the scholarship and if appropriate, provide a full application form.
For more information, click here to visit official webpage>>