Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 Tuition Free KAIST International Student Scholarships. Interested students should see the details below.
KAIST (formally the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) is a public research university located in Daedeok Innopolis, Daejeon, South Korea. KAIST was established by the Korean government, with the help of American policymakers, in 1971 as the nation’s first research-oriented science and engineering institution. KAIST also has been internationally accredited in business education. KAIST has approximately 10,200 full-time students and 1,140 faculty researchers and had a total budget of US$765 million in 2013, of which US$459 million was from research contracts. From 1980 to 2008, the institute was known as the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology. In 2008, the name was shortened to “KAIST”.
In 2007 KAIST adopted dual degree programs with leading world universities to offer its students diverse educational opportunities and strengthen academic exchanges; since then with the Technical University of Denmark, Carnegie Mellon University, the Georgia Institute of Technology, Technical University of Berlin, and the Technische Universität München.
The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) offers the KAIST International Student Scholarship program to interested applicants who has interest in acquiring a degree program at the Institution.
Application Deadlines: Deadline for the application for a scholarship is the same as deadline for processing admission:
KAIST has three application cycles: EARLY, REGULAR, and LATE.
- Application Opens: 1st September 2017
- Application Closes: 25th October 2017
- Application Opens: 1st November 2017
- Application Closes: 5th January 2018
- Application Opens: 26th February 2018
- Application Closes: 29th June 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International countries (except South Korea)
To be taken at (country): South Korea
Type: Undergraduate taught
Number Of Awardees: Not specified
Value Of Scholarship:
- Full tuition fee: tuition exemption for 8 semesters
- Living expenses: 200,000 ~ 350,000 KRW per month
- National Health insurance
Duration Of Scholarship: Duration of course
- Applicants must be International students
- Students must maintain GPA over 2.7 out of 4.3 at KAIST
How To Apply:
- There is no separate process for applying scholarship. Just check “KAIST scholarship” on the Statement of Financial Resources section on online application for admission.
- Interested candidates should refer to the guidelines here to prepare for required documents in detail.