Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 CommonWealth Scholarships at Nanyang Technological University. Interested students should see the details below.
The Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is an autonomous university in Singapore. NTU is consistently ranked amongst the world’s best universities in all of the major college and university rankings and is regarded as one of the top universities in Asia. In the 2017/18 QS World University Rankings, NTU was ranked 11th in the world and 1st in Asia, surpassing rival university National University of Singapore for the very first time. In the 2016 Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings, NTU came in joint 2nd in Asia, with Peking University.
NTU is a comprehensive and research-intensive university, with over 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students. The University is organized into eight colleges and schools. They are the College of Engineering, College of Science, College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, Nanyang Business School, and the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine – set up jointly with Imperial College London.
NTU is also home to several autonomous institutions including the National Institute of Education, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Interdisciplinary Graduate School, Earth Observatory of Singapore, Singapore Centre on Environmental Life Sciences Engineering, Institute on Asian Consumer Insight, and the College of Professional and Continuing Education. NTU’s strongest faculties are in engineering and business.
The NTU College of Engineering was ranked 2nd and 4th in the world by both the Academic Ranking of World Universities and QS World University Rankings respectively, and 1st in Singapore. NTU’s Nanyang Business School is Singapore’s top business school, having emerged 24th globally (1st in Singapore) in the Financial Times ranking and 1st in Singapore for 13 consecutive years in The Economist rankings.
ACU member institution Nanyang Technological University (NTU) invites applications from interested applicants who are willing to undergo a full scholarship program at NTU.
This scholarship program provides the chance for talented students to gain a qualification from a university overseas and benefit from international experience and cross-cultural exchange.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2018
Eligible Countries: Commonwealth countries (includes Nigeria)
To Be Taken At (Country): Singapore
Number Of Awards: 4
Value Of Award:
- The monthly stipend for International PhD students will be S$2,000 and scholars in the PhD programme may be eligible for an additional stipend of up to $500 per month upon passing the PhD Qualifying Examination (QE), subject to good performance in research and the attainment of required standards for courses taken.
- In addition to the monthly stipend, the award also covers the annual tuition fee.
- The University reserves the right to vary the amount of the stipend at any time by written notice.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be nationals from any Commonwealth countries except for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents
- have graduated with an undergraduate degree with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division)/Honours (Distinction) or equivalent
- have been offered admission to a full-time Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme by research
- have excellent academic grades
How To Apply: Interested applicants must complete the online NTU graduate research programme application and indicate on the form that they also wish to apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship.
Click here to see supporting documents required during application.