Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 Foundation Studies Scholarship Program at University of Waikato. Interested students should see the details below.
The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga. Established in 1964, it was the first university in New Zealand to be designed from a blank canvas.
The University of Waikato operates from two campuses – in Hamilton and Tauranga. The main Hamilton campus is spread over 64 hectares of landscaped gardens and lakes, and includes extensive sporting and recreational areas. In Tauranga, the University shares campuses with the Bay of Plenty Polytechnic at Windermere Campus and the Bongard Centre in Tauranga’s CBD.
The Hamilton campus was originally farmland. Designed by architect John Blake-Kelly in 1964, the open space landscaping contains extensive native plantings, including a fernery, centred around three artificial lakes, created by draining marshy paddocks.
Are you an International student? Are you looking to acquire a scholarship opportunity in University Of Waikato, New Zealand?
The University of Waikato is offering Foundation Studies Scholarship program to individuals who are looking to pursue a degree program at the Institution.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2018 (for B Semester 2018) or August 15, 2018 (for C Semester 2018)
Eligible Countries: International
Host Country: New Zealand
Course Level: Undergraduate
Eligible Fields Of Study: Scholarship is awarded to students who are enrolling for the first time into the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies (CAFS) or the Certificate of University Preparation (CUP) at the University of Waikato.
Number Of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
Value Of Scholarships: The value of the scholarship will be up to $5,000 (NZD). The Scholarship will have a value up to NZD$5,000 for the Standard Foundation Programme and up to NZD$2,500 for the Accelerated Foundation or Certificate of University Preparation programmes.
Eligibility Criteria: to be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must :
- be International students
- Not yet be enrolled at the University of Waikato at the time of application
- Be applying to enrol for the first time into the University of Waikato Foundation Studies programme
- Have received a conditional offer of a place for the foundation programme and a conditional offer for an undergraduate degree at the University of Waikato
How to Apply for the Scholarship
The following must upload the following as part of their online application:
- a) Their Offer of Place from the University of Waikato; and,
- b) A personal statement (maximum 200 words) that sets out the following (on the template provided):
- What are your career goals/aspirations?
- How will an international education experience help you to achieve these goals?