Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 USP Scholarships at University College Groningen, Netherlands. Interested students should see the details below.
The Liberal Arts and Sciences programme is taught entirely in English and enables you to design a curriculum that’s as unique as you are. You will be taught in small classes where the education is highly interactive with a strong focus on collaborative, project-based learning. Throughout the degree you will work in interdisciplinary teams on a series of projects that will enable you to learn how to apply a creative approach in finding solutions for complex global challenges.
The University College Groningen (UCG) Netherlands is offering the USP scholarship program to International students who are willing to undergo a degree program at the Institution.
This scholarship program aims to reward students with great ambition, but who also have a great passion for social engagement and who are determined to make a positive impact during their studies at UCG.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
Host Country: University College Groningen, the Netherlands
Eligible Fields of Study: Liberal Arts and Sciences BA/BSc
Course Level: Undergraduate
Number of Scholarships: 2
Value Of Scholarship: The USP Scholarship is a grant towards study and living costs. The value is €12,000.
Duration Of Scholarship: Duration of programme
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be International students
- have applied or applying to UCG
- have good academic records
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Interested applicants should take the following steps:
1. Submit a letter of motivation to explain why you believe you should be considered for a scholarship. This should:
- Be a maximum of 500 words in a Word document.
- Explain why you believe you deserve a scholarship and why you need financial assistance for your studies (this is not why you want to apply for the Liberal Arts and Sciences degree as you will have already explained this in your application ).
- Explain your experiences with social engagement and extracurricular events. Explain how you want to contribute to society in the future, what issues are important to you and why it is important for you to be awarded the USP scholarship. Also explain your ambitions and how you would like to achieve these ambitions and goals during your studies at UCG.
- Be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 February 2018 – the email title must be: ‘Letter of Motivation – USP Scholarship’.
- In order to be eligible for this scholarship you must complete your application in OAS before 1 February 2018 as well.
2. An additional assessment and providing financial proof of your need for funding is part of the selection procedure. The Admission & Enrollment Coordinator will inform you about the final decision.