Applications are currently ongoing for the United Nations University IIGH Fellowship for Students in Developing Countries – Malaysia. Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Eligible Countries
- In which host country will I be studying?
- Eligible Fields of Study
- What is the scholarship about?
- What is the course level?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?:
- Number of Awardees
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- How long will the scholarship last?
- How to Apply for the Scholarship
The UNU International Institute for Global Health (UNU-IIGH) offers an excellent multicultural environment in Malaysia for scholars to work on their research and interact with scholars from different countries and disciplines.
When is the application deadline?
4:00 p.m. (Malaysian local time) on 31st January 2018.
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
All. Applicants from developing countries and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
In which host country will I be studying?
UNU-IIGH in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Eligible Fields of Study
Research topics should relate to any one of the following UNU-IIGH thematic research areas:
- Systems Thinking for Urban Health
- Governance for Global Health
What is the scholarship about?
The UNU-IIGH PhD Fellowship Programme aims to provide an opportunity for candidates enrolled in a PhD programme to expand their intellectual vision beyond their scientific disciplines.
The PhD Fellowship Programme is open to candidates who are enrolled in PhD programmes in educational institutions around the world, and who could benefit from a period of up to 12 months at UNU-IIGH. With a view to strengthening capacity building, doctoral students from educational institutions in developing countries are strongly encouraged to apply.
What is the course level?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?:
- The Fellowship programme is open to candidates who demonstrate that they can contribute to the ongoing research projects in the Institute.
- Applicants must have finished a PhD no longer than 5 years preceding the start of the fellowship. Language proficiency in English is essential. Applicants from developing countries and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be able to make use of the UNU-IIGH facilities in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to: (i) work on a project or projects assigned by the supervisor, and (ii) participate in other academic activities of the Institute while writing their dissertation. The fellows shall also participate in regular in-house discussions and seminars, as well as contribute to the research and writing of the UNU-IIGH Working Paper Series.
Number of Awardees
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
UNU-IIGH offers a monthly stipend for the duration of the fellowship.
How long will the scholarship last?
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Please submit a cover letter, indicating your interests and motivation to work on one or more of the areas of interest of UNU-IIGH.
Applications for 2018 fellowships are now open. The deadline for application is 4.00 pm (Malaysian local time time), 31 January 2018.
Applicants are requested to download and complete the UNU P-11 form. Please quote the reference number (2017/UNU/IIGH/FELLOWSHIP/94) and state “UNU-IIGH Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018” in the section “What post are you applying for?”
Please submit all the documents below to email@example.com:
- completed and signed UNU P-11 form
- cover letter outlining your motivation and how you would contribute to any of the Institute’s focus areas over the 12-month Postdoctoral Fellowship
- an abstract of your current PhD research/dissertation
- a sample of your recent publication (in English)
- 2 references to support your application; one must come from one of your PhD supervisors
- scanned copy of your passport details page
Be sure to state “Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018″ with your name in the subject of the email.
Note that only completed applications received by the deadline will be considered. We will acknowledge receipt of your application via email.
Visit Fellowship Webpage for details