Applications are currently ongoing for the International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA) Global Scholarship Award (Fully-funded for study in Malaysia). Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
Application is open to all nationalities pursuing postgraduate studies (Master’s or Doctoral) in the field of Shari’ah or Islamic finance at recognized institutions of higher learning in Malaysia.
When is the application deadline?
15th January 2018
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
In which host country will I be studying?
What is the scholarship about?
The ISRA Global Scholarship Award is part of the Fund for Shari’ah Scholars in Islamic Finance, which was established to enhance knowledge and research, strengthen talents, and encourage intellectual discourse in the field of Shari’ah in Islamic Finance. The Fund represents Bank Negara Malaysia’s (BNM) commitment towards strengthening the development of the Islamic finance industry.
What is the course level?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Obtained a Bachelor Degree in Shari’ah from recognised local or international universities (Bachelor degree in Shari’ah, Muamalat, Jurisprudence, Islamic Law, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh or its equivalent);
- Obtained an offer to pursue or is currently pursuing Master’s or Doctoral studies in Shari’ah, Islamic finance or its equivalent in a full-time mode;
- Obtained a minimum CGPA of 3.50 (on a 4.0 scale), 4.0 (on a 5.0 scale), 80% (on a 100% point scale), pass with distinction or its equivalent;
- Fulfilled or passed language proficiency requirements specified by the programme;
- Applicants should NOT be in receipt of any other scholarship award or financial assistance.
How many scholarship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- Academic tuition fees – excluding registration or entrance fee, refundable deposit, personal bond and accommodation;
- Subsistence allowance;
- Book allowance
- Equipment allowance
- Conference allowance
- Thesis/end of study allowance
How long will the scholarship last?
- Maximum scholarship coverage for a Master’s student is two (2) years.
- Maximum scholarship coverage for a PhD student is three (3) years.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
- Application form (Download from Program Webpage Link below);
- A copy of letter of offer; an official letter of admission from the institution of higher learning confirming your placement at the institution;
- A copy of academic certificates and full transcripts – Bachelor and/or Master’s degree;
- A photocopy of personal identification / passport;
- Two letters of recommendation from referees;
- A copy of thesis proposal – applicable for programme by researcher coursework & research.
An application must be submitted by hand or through registered post or courier service to:
ISRA Global Scholarship Award,
International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA),
ISRA@INCEIF, Lorong Universiti A,59100 Kuala Lumpur