Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 €16,000 Government of Ireland International Scholarships. Interested students should see the details below.
Ireland is an island in the North Atlantic. It is separated from Great Britain to its east by the North Channel, the Irish Sea, and St George’s Channel. Ireland is the second-largest island of the British Isles, the third-largest in Europe, and the twentieth-largest on Earth.
Politically, Ireland is divided between the Republic of Ireland (officially named Ireland), which covers five-sixths of the island, and Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom, in the northeast of the island. In 2011, the population of Ireland was about 6.4 million, ranking it the second-most populous island in Europe after Great Britain. Just under 4.6 million live in the Republic of Ireland and just over 1.8 million live in Northern Ireland.
The Government of Ireland is offering scholarship opportunities to individuals who are willing to pursue a degree program at any Irish Institution.
This scholarship program is created to support suitably qualified research master’s and doctoral candidates pursuing, or intending to pursue, full-time research in any discipline.
Application Deadline: 16:00 (Irish time) 1st November 2017
Eligible Countries: National and International
To Be Taken At (Country): Ireland
Type: Masters, PhD
Number Of Awards: Not specified
Value Of Award:
- a stipend of €16,000 per annum
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum
- eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum
Duration Of Program:
- Research master’s degree: 12 months
- Structured research master’s degree: 24 months
- Traditional doctoral degree: 36 months
- Structured doctoral degree: 48 months
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- have a first class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree
- have applied or applying to any Irish Institution
- have good academic grades
How To Apply: Click here to apply