Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Developing Country Scholarships. Interested students should see the details below.
About German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) is the largest German support organisation in the field of international academic co-operation.
DAAD is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self-governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany, representing 365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art) .
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) invites applications from individuals who wants to undergo a degree program at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Germany.
This scholarship program is provided to students interested in pursuing an international career in forestry, nature conservation, ecosystem research or in development organizations.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2017
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Germany
Number Of Awards: Not specified
Value Of Award: The scholarship covers living costs, study fees, health insurance, travel costs and German language courses for the whole course (24 months). The monthly allowance is about € 750 plus additional payments.
Duration Of Program: 24 months
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must;
- be citizens of a developing country
- work at either a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country
- holds a Bachelor’s degree (4 years) in a related subject (Forestry, Biology, Agriculture, Ecology, Geography, etc.)
- have an internationally recognized English test score: IELTS (minimum: band 6.0) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
- have completed an academic degree far above average (at least 2nd class upper division) and at least two years of related professional experience
- not be more than 36 years of age
- have proven proficiency in English (TOEFL 80 points/ibt, IELTS 6 points at least)
How To Apply: Click here to apply