Applications are currently ongoing for the 2017 Guangdong University Scholarship for International Students. Interested students should see the details below.
Guangdong University of Foreign Studies is a public university with emphasis in foreign languages and cultures, overseas economy and trade, and international strategies in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China. The university offers 61 bachelor-degree specialties and teaches 18 foreign languages. In 2014, it boasted 20189 undergraduate students and 2818 postgraduate and doctoral students, and over 12000 students of continuing education and overseas students.
The school has a state-level key discipline and seven province-level key disciplines. The state-level key discipline of Foreign Language and Literature is given priority in the third-phase development of Guangdong province’s Project 211 (the provincial government’s plan to build up 11 key universities, which is an extended version of the Chinese government’s Project 211– in the 21st century, the government is to build up 100 top universities and 100 key disciplines).
The school has established close ties with a host of international organizations and leading academic agencies. As South China’s first university that signed a cooperation memorandum with the United Nations, it is one of the world’s 21 universities qualified to supply competent interpreters and translators to the international organization. It is also the only university of foreign languages in China that is included in Campus Asia.
Looking to pursue your studies in China? The Guangdong University of Foreign Studies is happy to announce Guangdong Government Outstanding Foreign Student Scholarship for international students to study in China. The scholarship is available to pursue the undergraduate program.
Guangdong University of Foreign Studies is a public university with emphasis in foreign languages and cultures, overseas economy and trade, and international strategies in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China.
On or before October 31st, 2017
Guangdong University, China
Scholarship of 10000 per year will be awarded.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Undergraduate students currently reading in full-time courses and with formal academic qualification (freshmen students are not included?.
- Students need to have foreign nationality, supply valid foreign passport and visa.
- Acquired fundamental Chinese Language Proficiency and supply relevant proof (Students studying in English-taught-program could relax this restriction in the appropriate way.
- Age under 40 years old.
- Passed in all subjects of compulsory courses and no disciplinary records in the last academic year.
- Have not gained or awarded with any other scholarship during the academic year.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are to complete the scholarship application form.
The necessary materials for application include
- Application Form for Guangdong Government Outstanding Foreign Student Scholarship
- School attendance certificate
- Undergraduate transcript
- One copy of foreign passport, including pages of personal information and valid visa.