Applications are currently ongoing for the $15,000 International Circle of Scholars Scholarships at York University. Interested students should see the details below.
York University is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is Canada’s third-largest university. York University has approximately 52,300 students, 7,000 faculty and staff, and 295,000 alumni worldwide. It has eleven faculties, including the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, Faculty of Science, Lassonde School of Engineering, Schulich School of Business, Osgoode Hall Law School, Glendon College, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Health, Faculty of Environmental Studies, Faculty of Graduate Studies, the School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design (formerly the Faculty of Fine Arts), and 28 research centres.
York University participates in the Canadian Space Program and is home to Canada’s only space engineering program. The Faculty of Science and Lassonde School of Engineering are Canada’s primary research facility into Martian exploration, and have designed several space research instruments and applications currently used by NASA.
York has pioneered several PhD programs in Canada, including women’s studies. The School of Social Work is recognized as having one of the most socially responsive programs in the country. York’s psychology program is the largest in North America. York University’s business school and law school have continuously and consistently been ranked among the top schools in Canada and the world.
Applications are invited for the International Circle Of Scholars Scholarship program which is awarded to International students who wants to undergo a degree program at York University, Canada
Scholarships are awarded to students entering the first year of a full-time undergraduate degree program in the Arts, Media, Performance & Design, Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, Environmental Studies, Glendon, Health, Science, Lassonde School of Engineering or Schulich School of Business.
October 15, 2017.
Number of Awards
2 scholarship awards
To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- Be International students
- Be entering the first year of a full-time undergraduate degree program in the Arts, Media, Performance & Design, Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, Environmental Studies, Glendon, Health, Science, Lassonde School of Engineering or Schulich School of Business.
- Be nominated by their high school, have the outstanding academic achievement (‘An’ average or equivalent)
- Have graduated from secondary school within the past two years
How To Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill out the Student Financial Profile (SFP).
The following are required for application:
- Online application
- Highest academic average
- Demonstrated leadership skill
- Must be nominated by high school (only one candidate per school)
- One letter of recommendation