Applications are currently ongoing for the British Federation of Women Graduates (BFWG) Scholarships. Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Scholarship Details and FAQs
- How to Apply for the Programme
The BFWG are for those women at higher education institutions in Britain (not Northern Ireland) who began their doctoral courses between September 1st 2015 and October 31st 2016 or the part time equivalent stage of third year of studies in September/October 2018 when the awards are presented.
When is the application deadline?
23rd February 2018
In which host country will I be studying?
What is the award about?
The British Federation of Women Graduates scholarships are for women who will be in their third year of doctoral studies or part time equivalent at the time when the awards are given out n October/November of each year. The awards are given on the basis of evidence of academic excellence as shown on the application form, referee reports and, for those shortlisted, brief presentations of their research to a panel of academics.
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
To be eligible to apply for a BFWG award for the year, candidate must be:
- A female postgraduate student who commenced full time doctoral studies (PhD, DPhil, DMus etc.) between September 1st 2015 and October 31st 2016 or a part time student at an equivalent stage of her studies.
- Registered at a university in England, Wales or Scotland (not Northern Ireland).
- Awards are given to help with on-going doctoral work rather than as prizes at the end of doctoral studies so please do not apply if you expect to submit your thesis before the end of February 2019 at the earliest.
- Awards are not given out unless fees for the year from October 2018 have been paid or are covered by available funds or waived by the university.
What are the selection criteria?
BFWG Scholarships (Academic Awards) are awarded in competition on the basis of overall academic excellence. In effect they are prizes for outstanding academic excellence. They are not intended to meet financial need.
How many scholarship awards are available?
The number of awards made each year depends on the funds available and on the quality of the applications but six to ten awards are usually given.
What are the benefits of the award?
The amounts offered in awards range upwards from £1000 with the average award being around £3000 and the maximum being £6000.
How to Apply for the Programme
Only email applications will be accepted.
- To make an application for a BFWG award, download and complete the application form.
- Email this back to email@example.com giving the subject heading of your email ‘AWARD APPLICATION’ and at the same time ensure that you have followed the instructions for sending a £20 non-refundable administration fee through PayPal as described on the form.
- Please make sure that you record the reference number of your PayPal transaction, the date of the transaction and the name on the Paypal account from which the payment is made if this is not yourself or if it is under a different name from the one you use on your application form. (This is to clarify who has sent a payment We do not use the information for anything else).