Applications are currently ongoing for the FUNAGIB Scholarship for African Students Working on Cassava (Fully-funded to Brazil). Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Scholarship Details and FAQs
- How to Apply for the Programme
FUNAGIB offers three scholarships annually to postgraduate students working with cassava breeding. One of these is dedicated to an African student, while the other two are designated to Brazilians.
When is the application deadline?
31st March 2018
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will I be studying?
What is the award about?
The foundation FUNAGIB was established in 2015 by its founder Nagib Nassar thanks to Kuwait KFAS (Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Science) Prize received by him in the same year.
What is the category of this opportunity?
Masters, PhD, Research
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Candidates for this scholarship should have completed their course credits and should be in phase of preparing their thesis.
- Major field of his (her) study should be on cassava plant breeding.
What are the benefits of the award?
R$ 20,000 (twenty thousand reais – US$ 1.00 = R$ 3.2 more or less according to real fluctuation), including air ticket.
Duration of Program
Study should begin at Brasilia by 1st August 2018.
How to Apply for the Programme
Applicants must send by e-mail the following documents:
- A recommendation letter from faculty or supervisor
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic history
- Statement by candidate endorsed by his supervisor declaring commitment of the student to five months of the research on cassava periclinal chimera to improve the crop to be conducted at Brasília, Brazil. This subject should be a part of the final thesis.
Contact: Prof. Nagib Nassar (E-mail: email@example.com )