Applications are currently ongoing for the Government of Flanders Mastermind Scholarships for Excellent International Students. Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship offered annually?
- Eligible Countries
- In which host country will I be studying?
- Eligible Field of Study
- Scholarship Description
- Offered Since
- What is the course level?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Number of Awardees:
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- How long will the scholarship last?
- How to Apply for the Scholarship
The Government of Flanders has launched a new scholarship programme, Master Mind Scholarships for international students for 2018/2019.
When is the application deadline?
Varies by institution. Some institutions have as deadline 15th February 2018! Apply early!
Is the scholarship offered annually?
In which host country will I be studying?
Various universities in Belgium
- KU Leuven / University of Leuven
- University of Antwerp
- Ghent University
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences)
- Antwerp Maritime Academy
- Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp
- Erasmus University College Brussels
- Karel de Grote University College
- LUCA School of Arts
- University College Ghent
Eligible Field of Study
The program holds for all study areas.
The programme aims to promote the internationalization of the Flemish Higher Education, as stated in the Action Plan for Student Mobility, Brains on the Move (September 2013).
Students cannot apply directly. Applications need to be submitted by the Flemish host institution.
What is the course level?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
The Flemish host institution applies on behalf of the student.
General eligibility requirements:
- The applicant applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. He/she meets all academic entrance criteria, including relevant language requirements, for entering the Master programme in question offered by the Flemish host institution.
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
Number of Awardees:
30 to 40
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
The incoming student is awarded a scholarship of maximum €8000,- per academic year.
How long will the scholarship last?
The duration of mobility is minimum 1 academic year and maximum the full duration of the master programme. If the student obtains less than 45 ECTS in the first year, then he/she loses the scholarship in the second year.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
- You can find more information in the guidelines for application in the Scholarship Webpage link.
- However, you need to contact the Flemish higher education institution to inquire about their internal selection procedures and deadline for submitting the application.