Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 ICP Scholarships for Developing Countries at Hasselt University, Belgium. Interested students should see the details below.
Hasselt University is a university with campuses in Hasselt and Diepenbeek, Belgium. It was officially established in 1971, as the Limburgs Universitair Centrum. On June 15, 2005 the university changed its name to Hasselt University.
The head office of Hasselt University is located at campus Hasselt. The complex consists of three buildings, located near each other: the Vice Chancellor’s Office Building, the Faculty of Law and the ‘Oude Gevangenis’ (the renovated ‘Old City Jail’). The former city prison provides a new home to primarily law students, with several study rooms and two auditoriums. The Student Service Center, where enrollment of new students takes place, is also located in the ‘Oude Gevangenis’.
Since 1973 Hasselt University is located on the Campus Diepenbeek, which occupies an 75 acrs site. Moreover, several institutes for applied research, an incubator for starting small enterprises, and several small businesses interacting with the research activities of the university are located on campus Diepenbeek. Building D includes the agora, the student restaurant and the library.
The Flemish Interuniversity Council (VLIR-UOS) is offering scholarship opportunities to students from developing countries who are interested in pursuing a degree program in Hasselt University, Belgium
Application Deadline: 1st March 2018
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
Host Country: Belgium
Course Level: Masters
Number of Awards: 12
Value of Award: Which costs are covered by the scholarship?
- Allowance: € 890/month
- Accommodation allowance: € 390/month
- Family allowance: € 62 per dependent person/month
- Several one-time payments
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be citizens of the above mentioned countries
- not be more than 35 years
- have completed their bachelors degree program
- have applied or applying to Hasselt University.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for a scholarship, you first need to apply for the training or Master programme.
To apply for a Master programme, visit the website of the training or Master programme of your interest. Follow the guidelines for application for the programme as mentioned on its website.