Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018 IWC Master’s Scholarships for International Students. Interested students should see the details below.
The International Water Centre (IWC) Australia offers Masters Scholarship for International Students who are enrolling in Water Management Programme at IWC, 2018.
The IWC Masters Scholarships are prestigious scholarships awarded annually to high calibre candidates who clearly demonstrate potential to become future water leaders. Scholarships are available to study the IWC Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM). The scholarship targets two groups: (a) Future water leaders from developing countries in Asia-Pacific, Africa, South and Central America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Middle-East. (b) Future water leader from selected countries in North America, Europe, the Middle East or Asia.
1st August 2017
International candidates from Asia-Pacific, Africa, South and Central America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Middle-East.
Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM)
- Academic record: an excellent academic record and a likelihood of success in further study.
- Professional and volunteering record: relevant employment and volunteering experience, achievements, membership of professional bodies and professional references.
- Commitment to promoting and driving the implementation of collaborative, whole-of-water-cycle, integrated and interdisciplinary approaches to water management.
- Leadership qualities including collaboration and team work, flexibility, initiative, communication skills, integrity and vision through professional, educational, community and other achievements.
- Potential outcomes: the likelihood of positive impacts on the individual and the water sector from participating in the MIWM program.
To apply for a scholarship, candidate must have all of the following:
- A completed undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution;
- At least two years of professional experience (paid work or volunteering experience) relevant to the program;
Although professional experience is not essential for admission in the MIWM program, candidates with relevant professional experience have a higher chance of securing a scholarship – see Selection Criteria below.
- International candidates must also demonstrate English Language Proficiency (minimum scores for IELTS, TOEFL or PTE). A proof of English language proficiency needs to be uploaded with the online application form.
Number of Scholarships
Up to 3 scholarships for international candidates for full-time study of the MIWM program starting in Semester 1, 2017.
- A – Up to two full tuition and full living costs scholarships for future water leaders from developing countries in Asia-Pacific, Africa, South and Central America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Middle-East.
- B – One full tuition scholarship for a future water leader from North America, Europe, the Middle East or Asia
Scholarship Value and Benefits
Each scholarship is valued at AU$92,645 and will cover:
- Full tuition fees for full-time study of the IWC Master of Integrated Water Management program commencing in 2017 (up to AU$52,500 for 18 months of study)
- Living expenses stipend (valued at AU$36,000 for 16 months) payable in equal monthly instalments
- Return air travel to Australia (pre-approved, economy class airfare to and from Brisbane, via the most direct route up to a maximum of AU$2,500)
- UQ Student Services and Amenities Fee (valued at AU$145)
- Cost of Student Visa for a single student (valued at AU$550)
- Cost of the Overseas Student Health Cover for a single student (valued at AU$950 for 18 months)
How to Apply
To apply, you have to complete an online application form before the deadline.