Simmons University Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Simmons University Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholars Program for Undergraduate Students. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Simmons University Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Simmons University Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholarship Details and FAQs
- How to Apply for the Simmons University Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholarship
Simmons University, established in 1899, and known as Simmons College until 2018, is a private women focused undergraduate university and private co-educational graduate school in Boston, Massachusetts.
The Simmons University Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholarship is a competitive merit award that recognizes the best and brightest students interested in a transformative education at Simmons University. This is the most prestigious award offered at Simmons, and acknowledges excellence through focus on study abroad, scholarly research, and intellectual curiosity. Simmons University offers the Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholars Program for incoming undergraduate students.
When is the application deadline?
1st December 2018
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
Students applying for the Kotzen Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Apply as a freshman for the fall semester
- Standardized test score of 28 or higher (ACT), 1300 or higher (new SAT) or 1250 or higher (old SAT – CR+M). Minimum of 600 in each SAT section strongly recommended.
- Non-native English speakers must submit TOEFL and SAT or ACT scores
- GPA of 3.3 or higher, unweighted
- College preparatory curriculum including an advanced level math course during, or prior to, your senior year of high school
- A record of taking honors, advanced placement (AP) and international baccalaureate (IB) courses, as available in their high school systems
What are the benefits of the award?
The scholarship covers full tuition, mandatory fees, and room and board. An additional annual award of $3000 is given for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, or research support.
What is the duration of the programme?
The scholarship is awarded for the duration of a four-year period of full-time undergraduate study, and supersedes any previously awarded merit scholarship.
How to Apply for the Simmons University Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholarship
The application consists of two parts: a short answer and a formal essay. Students should submit their essays via our online form or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Kotzen Application” by December 1. On each page of the document students should include their full name and date of birth.
- Short Answer (of no more than 250 words)
How would you use your additional annual award of $3000 (for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, and/or research support)?
- Formal Essay (of no more than 500 words)
Some people argue that leaders are born, not made, while others defend the opposite view, namely that leaders are “made.” Write an essay in which you defend one view or the other. Use a specific example of a leader, either from history or from you own personal experience, to support your argument.