Shell Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Shell University Scholarships for Undergraduate Nigerian Students/. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Shell Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Shell Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Eligible African Countries
- To be taken at:
- Shell Scholarship Subject Areas:
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- Who is qualified to apply?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- Shell Scholarship Benefits:
- How long will the scholarship last?
- How to Apply for the Shell Scholarship
- Shell University Scholarship Scheme Description
Shell is Nigeria’s oldest energy company, and has a long term and continuing commitment to the country, its people and the economy. Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with an average of 93,000 employees in more than 70 countries. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future.
Shell Scholarship for Undergraduate Students in Nigerian Universities is being offered in two categories: National Merit Award (NM) and Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM).
When is the application deadline?
12th November, 2018
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Eligible African Countries
To be taken at:
Shell Scholarship Subject Areas:
Courses offered at Nigerian Universities
What is the category of this opportunity?
Who is qualified to apply?
Eligible Applicants must: ·
- Be Nigerian citizens
- Be registered FULL-TIME undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria.
- Be in 200 Level with a minimum CGPA of 2.5
- Have a minimum of five credits in one sitting, including Mathematics and English, in their Senior School Certificate Examinations (SSCE).
- Have a minimum of 200 score in UTME.
The Scholarship is in two categories;
- the National Merit Award (NM) and
- the Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM).
How many scholarship awards are available?
Several scholarships are available
Shell Scholarship Benefits:
Annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of your course
How long will the scholarship last?
For full duration of the course
How to Apply for the Shell Scholarship
- All applicants should have a valid personal email account – for subsequent communication on their applications.
- All applications must be done ONLINE via the application portal-
Scanned copies of letters of identification, stamped and signed by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community;and
- The Chairman of the Community Development (CDC) or
- The Chairman of the Executive Council (CEC) or
The Community Trust (CT) are also required for applicants for the Operational Area Awards. The letters should be addressed to:
The ER Manager
Social Performance/Social Investment
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited, Port Harcourt.
- Scanned documents must be in JPEG format and must not exceed 200KB.
- For more information or clarification please send an email to email@example.com
Shell University Scholarship Scheme Description
Education, as all parents and guardians admit, is a long-term investment with an equally long gestation period, but it is one of the best legacies to bequeath to individuals, groups and society. That has been the belief of Shell Nigeria since 1952. In 2014, $14.8 million was invested in scholarships by the Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo).
The University Scholarship Scheme, a programme run by SPDC on behalf of the NNPC/Shell/Elf/Agip Joint Venture, makes a quiet but very profound commentary on the company’s interest in the promotion of capacity building in the country.
Every year, more than 4,000 Nigerian undergraduates write aptitude tests to join the evergrowing list of students which Shell Nigeria supports in Nigerian Universities. The applicants are shortlisted on the basis of the national SSCE and JAMB examination results. This is followed by an aptitude test at the PortHarcourt, Warri, Enugu, Lagos and Abuja centres.
There are two categories of the Scholarship Scheme, the National Merit Award (NM), open to Nigerian undergraduates and Areas of Operation Merit Award (AOM), for students from communities in which Shell Nigeria operates. Only first year students are eligible for the awards in both categories.
An average of 16,000 applicants respond to advertisements by Shell Nigeria every year, inviting qualified candidates to apply for the scholarships which are tenable only in Nigerian Universities.