Sciences Po Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Sciences Po Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme for Undergraduate and Graduate Africans to Study in France. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Sciences Po Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Sciences Po Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What are the benefits of the award?
- What is the duration of the program?
- How to Apply for the Sciences Po Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
Sciences Po, or Paris Institute of Political Studies, is a university located in seven cities in France. Sciences Po has campuses in Dijon, Le Havre, Menton, Nancy, Paris, Poitiers, Reims.
Scholarships for the 2019/2020 academic year are awarded in collaboration with a network of partner institutions authorised to nominate candidates.
Sciences Po is the first university in continental Europe to join the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. Within this international network, 27 prestigious institutions in Africa, America and Europe are committed to ensuring that all young people, whatever their background, have the same opportunities to get a quality education and fulfil their potential.
Over six years (2017 – 2022), the Scholars Program will fund:
- 20 scholarships to complete the Sciences Po Bachelor of Arts programme, Africa specialisation
- 40 scholarships to complete a Master’s programme at one of our seven graduate schools
- 60 scholarships reserved for Mastercard Foundation Scholars studying at other partner universities and who would like to attend Sciences Po Summer School.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Sciences Po aims to support 120 talented African students through their studies and to offer the next generation of leaders a world-class social science education, so they can go on to become changemakers in their home countries.
When is the application deadline?
- Bachelor: January 31, 2019
- Master: January 15, 2019
- Summer School: February 18, 2019
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
The scholarships are awarded to students from sub-Saharan African countries with an outstanding academic record and strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education.
How many scholarship awards are available?
120 for a period of 5 years.
- Undergraduate: 5
- Graduate: 5
- Summer School: 12
What are the benefits of the award?
Thee scholarships cover the full cost of tuition fees at Sciences Po and living costs in France during the study .
As well as funding their studies, Sciences Po will offer scholars a specific suite of resources to ensure they have appropriate academic support and to facilitate their transition from education to employment:
- An orientation programme and individualised academic advising throughout their studies at Sciences Po
- A mentor programme offered in collaboration with the Africa Division of Sciences Po Alumni
- Career guidance and support: an online job platform dedicated to professional opportunities in Africa (internships and first jobs), access to our business incubator and the network of employers and alumni working in Africa, and specific career workshops.
What is the duration of the program?
The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years for the Bachelor’s degree, two years for the Master’s degree and one month for the Summer School.
How to Apply for the Sciences Po Mastercard Foundation Scholarship