Russian Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project for International Masters Students (Apply to study in Russia). Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Russian Scholarship Project Details and FAQs
- Russian Scholarship Project Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- Field of Study:
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the benefits of the award?
- What is the duration of the programme?
- How to Apply for the Russian Scholarship Project
The Global Universities Association in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and Rossotrudnichestvo Federal Agency launched the Open Doors Olympiad: Russian Scholarship Project. Russian universities offer more than 300 scholarships to the winners and awardees of the competition.
Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project is your chance for early admission to a tuition-free Master’s programme at one of the leading universities in Russia.
When is the application deadline?
31st January 2019
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
Field of Study:
Explore the offered study programmes and additional information about the universities (see in link below). Study programmes of the Open Doors include:
- Computer science
- Business & Management
- Politics & International Studies
- Philology & Linguistics
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- The Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project (also referred to as ‘the Olympiad’) is for prospective Master’s students.
- The competition is open to foreigners and stateless persons, including compatriots living abroad, having a degree or completing a degree programme not lower than Bachelor level in the year of the Olympiad. All participants are expected to consent to the processing of personal data.
- The official languages of the Olympiad are English and Russian.
- The winners and prize-winners of the Olympiad, having a degree or completing a degree programme not lower than Bachelor level in the year of the Olympiad are eligible to enrol in one of the Master’s programmes covered by the Olympiad subject areas without paying a tuition fee.
- The winners and prize-winners choose an educational programme taught in English or in Russian that is applicable for foreign students.
- The university determines the level of proficiency in Russian while admitting of the winner or the prize-winner. The winners and the prize-winners who need to improve the level of proficiency in Russian are eligible to have a preparatory Russian language course in the chosen university, if necessary. Enrolment in the Master’s programmes taught in Russian is only possible after a successful completion of the Russian language course.
- The Olympiad is held online in two rounds, using an Open Doors electronic platform. The first (qualifying) round is a competition of portfolios, and the second (final) round is a problem solving challenge. The online format of the competition implies establishing the participant’s identity as well as checking the independence of his/her performance during the final round.
- The Olympiad is free to enter. There is no participation fee.
What are the benefits of the award?
Your tuition fee will be paid by the Russian Federation. You will only have to cover your travel and accommodation costs, insurance and personal expenses.
What is the duration of the programme?
Duration of candidate’s chosen course
How to Apply for the Russian Scholarship Project
It is very important you go through the rules of participation and other application details before applying.